Nano Boot loop

TheWolfsfang

So I just got my first Wifi Pineapple nano, and followed the firmware update video for android. Eventually I got it to respond to the firmware update. But since I'd ran into issues and reset before, I unplugged it. Only this time it had FINALLY began working on the firmware update(I think). I saw no change in the LED and the only evidence was a phone browser page that failed to load. After this my nano is stuck in a boot loop, so the only way I can get it to stay on and stable is by holding the reset button. I believe this is the recovery mode(total newbie here). The part that has me stumped is the nano has decided it wants to have the IP of 169.254.254.247 and WILL not respond to browser connections. However it will respond to ping requests. I am using Win10 since my laptop where I was learning Kali got water damage...another joy. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your post Foxtrot, I have gotten windows to change the IP address of "ASIX AX88772A USB2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter" to 172.16.42.1 . But it is still not working, maybe I need to set the port as well? I can still ping successfully, but cannot get it to respond to a browser request. Chrome and EI are still giving me the response connection refused.

I want to update my confusion post with the apparent solution. I found the firmware recovery page, and it worked almost flawlessly!! The only thing to remember if anyone else is in the same place I was this morning, I also needed to go into "change adapter options" and follow the bellow guides. If you're new, it's so disappointing to be unable to use it IMMEDIATELY, but maybe these two guides together will walk you through and past my learning hurdles. BEST OF LUCK!

How to set a static IP address on Windows 10-https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/

Hak5 firmware recovery guide- https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery

Archived