kismet?

active8

This device will not run kismet on the device but more of a remote kismet device meaning you will need a kismet server for the signal owl to connect to so you can gather results.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, b0N3z said:

This device will not run kismet on the device but more of a remote kismet device meaning you will need a kismet server for the signal owl to connect to so you can gather results.

So basically, I wouldn't be able to use this to Wardrive UNLESS I run a Kismet server on a device, and make my signal owl connect to said device somehow, whether that be via over the internet or another local device, or am I understanding that wrong?

The Signal Owl supports standard serial-based GPS dongles, like the U-blox7, so it's just a matter of time before there's a wardriving payload – if that's what you're looking to do.

The kismet-remote on the system is intended for stationary deployments with a backhaul via WiFi. Last I spoke to Drag0rn (kismet author) he was working on just such a payload.

2 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

The Signal Owl supports standard serial-based GPS dongles, like the U-blox7, so it's just a matter of time before there's a wardriving payload – if that's what you're looking to do.

The kismet-remote on the system is intended for stationary deployments with a backhaul via WiFi. Last I spoke to Drag0rn (kismet author) he was working on just such a payload.

Beautiful! Thank you very much. Now with this I can retire my raspberrypi as my wardriving machine and use the signal owl.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived