am I wrong in assuming that this is just a micro Pineapple?

L07TB0Y

It serves a different purpose.

The pineapple is a network MITM. You can use it for other things, but out of the box, you can plug it in and start redirecting people on whatever network you're on with relative ease.

The signal owl is more of a signal intelligence tool. For example you can hook a GPS up to it, and a couple extra 2.4/5ghz NICs to it and go wardriving, or some bluetooth radios, and pop it in a bag with a battery pack and go walk around the mall to collect intel on who frequents the area at certain times. Pop an SDR on it, then connect it to a network, and you can monitor the airwaves remotely through c2.

On 8/14/2019 at 10:08 PM, lazy_eye_of_sauron said:

The pineapple is a network MITM. You can use it for other things, but out of the box, you can plug it in and start redirecting people on whatever network you're on with relative ease.

The signal owl is more of a signal intelligence tool. For example you can hook a GPS up to it, and a couple extra 2.4/5ghz NICs to it and go wardriving, or some bluetooth radios, and pop it in a bag with a battery pack and go walk around the mall to collect intel on who frequents the area at certain times. Pop an SDR on it, then connect it to a network, and you can monitor the airwaves remotely through c2.

Correct.......well put.....😎

On 8/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, lazy_eye_of_sauron said:

Agreed.  It can also help from a cost stand point as well.  If you are needing to populate a large building with recon devices the signal owl is more discrete, lower cost, easier to deploy (depending on method), etc than the pineapple can be.  It all comes down to the task at hand as to what is the best tool.

anyone figure out how to run kismet on the signal out yet? My ideal setup is to have it hooked up to USB power with my gps dongle and go wardriving. Trying to find a tutorial, but I cant seem to find anyone how has had success running kismet on the owl just yet.

3 hours ago, amgiffo said:

anyone figure out how to run kismet on the signal out yet? My ideal setup is to have it hooked up to USB power with my gps dongle and go wardriving. Trying to find a tutorial, but I cant seem to find anyone how has had success running kismet on the owl just yet.

Check this thread: 

It is probably in the works as described by @Darren Kitchen in the above thread.

14 hours ago, Cap_Sig said:

Check this thread: 

It is probably in the works as described by @Darren Kitchen in the above thread.

I've read through that thread and am still confused as to the point in including Kismet on the Owl if it requires internet calling back to a kismet server. Am I correct in saying that the Signal Owl will operate as a kismet client, and not like if I were to run kismet on my Parrot OS laptop where it runs the server and client? My goal is to use the Owl as a compact/portable wardriving/war-walking box I can throw in my bag or car.

@amgiffo please read the below thread post:

On 8/20/2019 at 5:19 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

The Signal Owl supports standard serial-based GPS dongles, like the U-blox7, so it's just a matter of time before there's a wardriving payload – if that's what you're looking to do.

The kismet-remote on the system is intended for stationary deployments with a backhaul via WiFi. Last I spoke to Drag0rn (kismet author) he was working on just such a payload.

As @Darren Kitchen mentioned, it is being worked on by the author of kismet.

Archived