Can this thing do playback?

PoSHMagiC0de

Okay, you can grab screenshots and video.  Okay.  Here is the thing...can this thing do playback?  Now that would be cool.  Imagine being able to cover your hack with a generic replacement view..kinda like the spies do with the static feed to video cameras of facilities they are breaking into.

Why would you want that?  Well, to hide your hack if you are emulating their screen like through VNC or what not.  Hide what the BB is doing.  Just some ideas.  Would be cool if BB could communicate back to it to initiate screen hide.  If the device than pickup screen queues to do stuff then that would be cool too.  I am just trying to squeeze out ideas for this thing that will entice me to get one. 

9 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Okay, you can grab screenshots and video.  Okay.  Here is the thing...can this thing do playback?  Now that would be cool.  Imagine being able to cover your hack with a generic replacement view..kinda like the spies do with the static feed to video cameras of facilities they are breaking into.

Why would you want that?  Well, to hide your hack if you are emulating their screen like through VNC or what not.  Hide what the BB is doing.  Just some ideas.  Would be cool if BB could communicate back to it to initiate screen hide.  If the device than pickup screen queues to do stuff then that would be cool too.  I am just trying to squeeze out ideas for this thing that will entice me to get one. 

Hi,

Great ideas (IMO)🔥🔥🔥, cannot wait to see the product in action. More spec details and more ideas like these will certainly make our lives easier (again IMO).😎

Great idea and definitely something we considered for exactly the same reason. Unfortunately the first prototype with that feature introduced lag since the video signal had to go through software - but it's something we'll be investigating because I think there's a creative way to do this with some fancy switching. 

1 minute ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Great idea and definitely something we considered for exactly the same reason. Unfortunately the first prototype with that feature introduced lag since the video signal had to go through software - but it's something we'll be investigating because I think there's a creative way to do this with some fancy switching. 

Hi Darren

Excellent and timely response. Keep up the great work that you do.🙏

Cheers 😎

• 8 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 7:11 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

Actually the fancy switching is exactly how you could solve it without delay! I think even a still image fed through the HDMI port would be enough to get the 5 seconds one needs to pass a door which is being monitored by a guard behind the screen...

Please bring an updated version of the ScreenCrab or a tiny addon which can do this!

Archived