[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.6.x

Foxtrot

Hi!

We're very excited to announce the release of the 2.6.x Firmware for the WiFi Pineapple TETRA!

We've been working hard behind the scenes, listening to the great community feedback and building upon it to iron out reported bugs, add new features and bring updates to everyone's favourite fruity wireless device. Whether it's the updated kernel, fresh packages or improvements to PineAP and Recon - there's something in this firmware for you.

2.6.2 Changelog:

• PineAP
    • Fix an issue where handshake captures might fail after a timed, non-live scan.
    • Fix an issue where starting a handshake capture when a scan is not running would result in incorrect channel hopping behaviour.
  • Misc
    • Work around a kernel bug causing packet filtering to fail in some tools. Thank you @adde88!

2.6.1 Changelog:

• General
    • Fix an issue affecting the microSD card on some WiFi Pineapple NANOs.
    • Fix an issue where external USB WiFi adapters would register before internal interfaces.
  • Module Manager
    • Dialogs are now used for Module installation and updating.
    • Add a message about third-party modules before installation.
  • Misc
    • Added missing kernel modules to the Hak5 Package Repositories.

2.6.0 Changelog:

• General
    • Update firmware base from OpenWRT 15.05 to OpenWRT 19.07.
    • Update kernel from 3.18.84 to 4.14.133.
    • Ensure all opkg feeds are HTTPS.
    • Update PHP5 to PHP7.
    • Update HostAPd from 2.6 to 2.7.
    • Improve SD Card stability on the WiFi Pineapple NANO.
    • Include support for the MediaTek MT76x2 wireless chipsets.
  • Dashboard
    • Fix an issue where the "SSIDs collected this session" counter wouldn't reset after a reboot.
    • Use more reliable method of obtaining CPU usage.
  • PineAP
    • Fix a rare crash due to memory corruption.
    • Fix an issue where PineAP options would unselect if PineAP was disabled.
    • Fix an issue where PineAP Enterprise would not work if Management AP was disabled.
    • Improve beacon effectiveness by rotating through SSID Pool.
    • Greatly improve memory and CPU consumption.
    • Fix an issue where Raw Frame Injection might hang indefinitely.
    • Add an option to reset the 'SSIDs collected this session' counter on the Dashboard.
  • Recon
    • Ensure that previous scan dates are displayed correctly.
  • Networking
    • Improve Client Mode reliability.
  • Configuration
    • Fix an issue where the user configured timezone would not set correctly.
  • Advanced
    • Fix an issue where the SD Card format may hang indefinitely.
  • Misc
    • Update Cloud C2 Client.
  • Packages
    • Add Kismet Package.
    • Add Kismet Remote Capture Package.
    • Updates to a huge variety of commonly used packages.

A special thank you to the community members who provided excellent beta feedback:
    - adde88
    - dragorn
    - Just_A_User

- The Hak5 Development Team

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi .

I think there is a problem. i tried to download sslsplit, and deauth but it does not want to download anymore i try to download the payload (c +) cursed screech always the same thing does not want too

1 hour ago, fan said:

hi .

I think there is a problem. i tried to download sslsplit, and deauth but it does not want to download anymore i try to download the payload (c +) cursed screech always the same thing does not want too

Having the same issue, updated to 2.6 now I can't install Module dependencies, modules that don't require additional dependencies like theme for instance work fine but for other modules like wps I can't get the dependencies to install.

1 hour ago, fan said:

hi .

11 minutes ago, jato said:

Having the same issue, updated to 2.6 now I can't install Module dependencies, modules that don't require additional dependencies like theme for instance work fine but for other modules like wps I can't get the dependencies to install.

Hi,

At a quick glance, some third party modules like the ones you mentioned will need to be updated for the new firmware. They should be minor changes, and I can do this for the modules that need it in the coming days.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Hi,

At a quick glance, some third party modules like the ones you mentioned will need to be updated for the new firmware. They should be minor changes, and I can do this for the modules that need it in the coming days.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, Will wait a few days and see when it changes.

3 hours ago, fan said:

Thanks for the quick reply

They are really listening, although some say they are not. They work hard on topics that need fixing and if anyone thinks they could work harder or after then they may be telling an untruth. Hak5 is a great forum and the team really know their products😎

Looks like I picked an interesting time to get into the WiFi Pineapple given that the new firmware just released and temporarily broke almost all the modules for me. I am unable to install the dependancies and clicking enable on Dwan does nothing. 

Foxtrot said he would be fixing most modules within a couple days.  It is a simple fix from what he was talking about.Unless the devs do it before he can

Archived