[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.6.x

Foxtrot

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/24/2019 at 5:40 AM, Cap_Sig said:

Not sure if this can be done with a module but interesting idea.  Something like how the raspberry pi tells you it has unstable power.

Power Requirements for Nano:  5 volts1.5 amps

This is a problem for some users that have older USB 2.0 ports with only 500mA output each.  So the use of a Y-Cable still will potentially not provide enough power when the Nano is under higher loads.

Maybe we can add the info to the top right of the web GUI showing "current power draw". In my mind im thinking, it would just be nice to have a area that shows currently connected devices. Along with their current live power draw, and a total overall draw from all hardware currently connected . A module came to mind since it might be better vs adding more to the dashboard that already seems to show high cpu usage when loaded. Idk, maybe im just tired asf, and not understanding this devices capabilities ?

Ya even the PI when booting tells me that info, but it could show more info as well . Unless ive got a more verbose option im not using on it to show more info. It really only says "voltage drop", or "waiting for voltage to normalize" or both i cant remember :nickscratcheshead: lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this sucks, broiught a Tetra, followed setup guide with latest FW only to find its pretty much only useful with community modules and all the good ones dont even work on 2.6.2.
Waste of money, Think ill be returnig this for a refund.

Very dissapointing.

2 minutes ago, Troden said:

Well this sucks, broiught a Tetra, followed setup guide with latest FW only to find its pretty much only useful with community modules and all the good ones dont even work on 2.6.2.
Waste of money, Think ill be returnig this for a refund.

Very dissapointing.

What's not working for you? 

Everything related to Hak5 on the Pineapple works perfectly for me. 

Community modules needs to be updated by their authors to keep up with changes to the firmware. 

2 hours ago, Zylla said:

What's not working for you? 

Everything related to Hak5 on the Pineapple works perfectly for me. 

Community modules needs to be updated by their authors to keep up with changes to the firmware. 

Agreed.  The 2.6.2 base firmware features seem to be working good.  Just have to wait on community module updates.

• 2 weeks later...

So a very odd thing just happened. I previously had set up my nano after downloading 2.6.2. So my hostname and passwords etc were already set up. . . after signing into the dashboard I used wlan2 to scan for available networks. Suddenly i'm disconnected from my nano... When I search for available networks... my named nano is not available, however the default name of my nano is visible as if my nano needs set up....

here is where things get extra weird. I connect to the default SSID... And everything else is already set up... I'm not prompted to complete set up. and magically... i'm connected to the network I picked when I scanned with wlan2 ... this is so funky.. wth is going on?!

• 3 months later...

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Devs are working on a new firmware version:

Around 7:30 pacific time this past Monday, I went to to look for more modules for my Pineapple, and was quite surprised to see a new Dashboard, Clients, Recon, PineAP, Modules, etc. from Hak5 listed at the top of the list. I was so shocked to see this, that my finger again clicked the mouse button, which was still on the module refresh button. Poof, the new modules were gone. While I can’t say for sure what inferences could be made from that,  I am hopeful that it means the Devs indulging their technolust, and working on a new version?

• Foxtrot unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived