Foxtrot

[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.6.x

15 hours ago, DSR! said:

@Foxtrot

3. PHP calls to uciGet() and uciSet() they seem to be broken. At least I noticed that by checking the PMKIDAttack module .

I just wrote my own test module to test with, and these API functions absolutely do work. I suspect the PMKIDAttack module is not creating their UCI config properly before trying to add config values for it.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:56 AM, cheeto said:

@Foxtrot,

Thanks for your concern.

I'm happy to hear that there are some users that not experiencing issues.

One particular issue i'm having is when using client mode to connect to the internet.

I'm using an external usb radio (purchased from the HakShop) 

RALINK USB WIFI RT5370

In going through the thread, I'm not the only one with this issue.

Version 2.5 works fine on my nano.

Thanks again.

I looked into this today, but unfortunately I can't produce the same result you seem to be experiencing, on 2.6.1. I'm using the same RT5370 that we sell in the Hak5 Shop. Could you please give some information about your network?

Screenshot from 2019-09-03 15-58-24.png

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 4:20 PM, b0N3z said:

I have been trying Dwall on every firmware since release and have not been able to get it working for quite some time.  This is a module that SEB made,so he will have to fix it.  I highly doubt that will happen since he is not with hak5 anymore and moved on to google.

i have the same. Pineapple was working fine before upgrade and now almost all modules can't be used and dependencies installed. i have to say the device is pretty useless without modules. I do not undertand why Hak5 does not even care. I have been using it since 2016 but now is totally useless. hangs quite frequently as well - all after 2.6.1 upgrade

On 9/3/2019 at 3:47 PM, Foxtrot said:

I just wrote my own test module to test with, and these API functions absolutely do work. I suspect the PMKIDAttack module is not creating their UCI config properly before trying to add config values for it.

Hi, i haven't been using mu nano for about 9 months and now i have a demo session where i will (actually i wanted) show urlsnarf. after upgrading to 2.6.1 it's a bit of a disaster. nothing works - DWAll, urlsnarf. Just p0f. tried everything factory reset, downgrade to 2.5.4, sd formatting. seems depenencies install don't trigger any process on nano. Du you have any idea of a version of firmware i can use to make it working? i just need that module and without a nano showing all traffic sniffing (not just a victim IP) is quite impossible. alternatively do you know if a direct installation can be performed (opkg.. or similar)? Thanks - this would really save my session on Thursday

6 hours ago, brunomotta said:

Hi, i haven't been using mu nano for about 9 months and now i have a demo session where i will (actually i wanted) show urlsnarf. after upgrading to 2.6.1 it's a bit of a disaster. nothing works - DWAll, urlsnarf. Just p0f. tried everything factory reset, downgrade to 2.5.4, sd formatting. seems depenencies install don't trigger any process on nano. Du you have any idea of a version of firmware i can use to make it working? i just need that module and without a nano showing all traffic sniffing (not just a victim IP) is quite impossible. alternatively do you know if a direct installation can be performed (opkg.. or similar)? Thanks - this would really save my session on Thursday

Downgrade to firmware recovery (2.4.1) was reported earlier to get most modules working.  Have not personally tested tho.

Thanks - I did it and they didn't work. I tried factory reset version (2.4.1) - maybe a further downgrade. will continue to test

13 minutes ago, brunomotta said:

Thanks - I did it and they didn't work. I tried factory reset version (2.4.1) - maybe a further downgrade. will continue to test

whats up with the downgrading hak5 should provide a firmware update fix

1 hour ago, Newbier said:

whats up with the downgrading hak5 should provide a firmware update fix

The issues are coming from the gigantic leap from OpenWRT 15.05 to 19.07 in firmware v2.6.0.

The developers of the third-party modules and dependencies needs to update their software to keep up with the times. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Newbier said:

so its only the third party modules thats left in the dark on my tetra

I haven't had time to test all modules yet, but the modules and software bundled with the firmware seems to work on both my Tetra and Nano. 

If you're having issues with a module/dependency i recommend contacting the developer, and also using the Help module to give him/her debug information to help solve the issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zylla said:

I haven't had time to test all modules yet, but the modules and software bundled with the firmware seems to work on both my Tetra and Nano. 

What testing I have done on the tetra, all bundled with firmware modules seem to be working.  Personally had best results doing a firmware recovery then manual update to 2.6.1

Product purchased: Nano Tactical Kit

Came with all accessories: Differant Antenneas, 5370 Wlan Card, etc.

I have been having some random oddness with the nano after the update as well. I am still pretty new to the nano, so when some of these things happen i am not aware of a issue right away. I thought it was just slow or that i was opening to many things etc. , thus slowing it down. Today i was trying to update and install depedancies through the web interface and noticed most modules that had a "OUTPUT" section had the "auto refresh ON/OFF" always set to "OFF". So as i was installing or updating i would check the option for auto refresh to be "ON" in the output section if the module had it at bottom. So, things seemed to just slow down after a bit and i thought to myself i would if these modules i updated are all trying to auto refresh their output logs and possibly adding to the lag ?

I will say i work nights in a production plant and at the end of the night i can sometimes improperly read a technical issue as i am seeing it ( AKA : DONE READY TO GO AND TIRED ASF!). On top of all of this , I recently got this thing ( 1 or 2 weeks since order). Im used to my laptop with kali and I technically never had the chance to actually use this thing like some of you with prior versions of the firmware. Reading this thread has helped alot so far im glad i found it and would like to help in any way i can .

Things ive noticed :

1. At times I will just power on the nano ( Wlan 2 card still in) and I have trouble with PineAP starting . But if I start nano up and unplug the 5370 Wlan card, but then, (after a couple mins) plug in the card once it has had time to boot. I never seem to have a issue with the extra 5370 card ...

2. PineAP at some point after i put my SD card in for extra storage, stopped wanting to start up. Now I will say that I changed the save directory for the recon scans to be on SD Card ,as to help with keeping loads off other areas of the device. After Playing around ....... I found that PineAp will not start,  if you incorrectly input the save directory for the scans . This effect is the same for other features or modules, should you incorrectly set the path for things saved to the sd card. After redoing a format of SD Card and checking my directories than inputing the correct path it works every time . I also was not 100% sure if this could have been caused by a cheaper model battery being used , thus not allowing enough power to the device to have everything function. But , it seems to be ok with each battery I use, after I verified correct save directories.

3. Device overall sometimes seems kinda slow .Although im not able to compare to previous FW Versions, as I just got the damn thing and went through the setup, which of course wants the most recent update and anyone just hooking it up is gonna be like ( ya get the newest shit!) lol.

4. There is definitely a issue with some modules and installing their needed dependancies. But, as mentioned before modules are probably just needed some love since the new update from developers etc. ( We should compile a list of Modules that are "Currently Working or Has Issues". If we dont already have this ,and I have just overlooked it ;).

Gonna read more on forum, maybe ill answer my own thoughts here on this device, should some of the mentioned things above be more related to me being to fresh to the hardware 🙂

Peace

Nick

PS:

If i see a more SOLID Issue I will post a log output here for you all.

• Like 1

Hello

Problems with PineApp Daemon after 2.6.1 update again... When i'm trying to enable it, device is rebooting. Hard reset didn't help. 😞

5 hours ago, DeadMazay said:

Hello

Problems with PineApp Daemon after 2.6.1 update again... When i'm trying to enable it, device is rebooting. Hard reset didn't help. 😞

I've seen this issue when doing OTA upgrade from older firmware versions.  

Do a firmware recovery:  https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery   That will put you on version 2.4.1

Keep in mind, DO NOT upgrade to a 2.6.x version of firmware if you are wanting community modules to work as they are currently requiring updates to work with new firmware.

If you are wanting to test the newest firmware, I would recommend upgraded to 2.6.1 using the manual method: https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360025819673-Manual-Firmware-Installation after completing a firmware recovery.

23 hours ago, Cap_Sig said:

Do a firmware recovery

I did factory reset then manually upgraded firmware to 2.6.1 version. No results(

4 minutes ago, DeadMazay said:

I did factory reset then manually upgraded firmware to 2.6.1 version. No results(

Just to clarify, you did a factory reset or a firmware recovery as linked in the post?  I ask because they are two totally different things.

If you did do firmware recovery then manual upgrade, that is interesting results as it worked on my tetra.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, Foxtrot said:

Interesting, I cannot reproduce this at all. Have you cleared the browsers cache? I can see my devices clearly rebooting when I hit the menu item in the UI.

Thanks

same here.. this firmware is unstable whenever working with SD Card, sometimes rebooting is working sometimes not. Others installation task also seems unstable. I have to do the reboot to install modules..

Be sure the nano has sufficient power if it is rebooting when enabling PineAP. Just the other day I had mine powered by my cars 12v USB plug-in only to find out every time I tried to enable PineAP it would lag and eventually reboot and loose its connection to my phone. 

When I got home, I plugged it into the wall socket on a guaranteed 3 amp power source and had absolutely no issues. 

P.S. 

Thought about it and im thinking it would be nice to have a way to measure the nano or the tetra's power draw. This could also eliminate alot of questions or posts about issues that may be power related, where operators are simply not providing enough power to the device....

Maybe a power stat module or something that's like the "ampere" app for android. 

4 hours ago, nickelz34 said:

Thought about it and im thinking it would be nice to have a way to measure the nano or the tetra's power draw. This could also eliminate alot of questions or posts about issues that may be power related, where operators are simply not providing enough power to the device....

Maybe a power stat module or something that's like the "ampere" app for android. 

Not sure if this can be done with a module but interesting idea.  Something like how the raspberry pi tells you it has unstable power.

Power Requirements for Nano:  5 volts1.5 amps

Power: USB 5V 1.5A. Includes USB Y-Cable

This is a problem for some users that have older USB 2.0 ports with only 500mA output each.  So the use of a Y-Cable still will potentially not provide enough power when the Nano is under higher loads.

Hi all,

With the addition of MT7612U in 2.6.0 I picked myself up this wireless USB adapter. Unbeknownst to me, it presents itself as a USB Mass Storage Device for Windows drivers. I know that I need to use /etc/usb-mode.json to make the device fallback into being the wireless adapter but I am not sure what to add. I have tried a combination of this link and this link with its wiki entry to try and solve it and I came up with this as the result.

"0e8d:2870": {
                        "*": {
                                "t_vendor": 3725,
                                "t_product": [ 10352 ],
                                "mode": "StandardEject",
                                "msg": [  ]
                       }

},

This config didn't work so I was hoping someone could either tell me what I should have in the config or point me in the right direction?

Here is the output from lsusb:

root@Pineapple:~# lsusb -t                                                                                                                                                                                           
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M                                                                                                                                              
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M                                                                                                                                                          
        |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ath9k_htc, 480M                                                                                                                                 
        |__ Port 2: Dev 6, If 0, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 480M                                                                                                                                        
        |__ Port 3: Dev 11, If 0, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 480M                                                                                                                                       
root@Pineapple:~# lsusb                                                                                                                                                                                              
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 05e3:0745 Genesys Logic, Inc. Logilink CR0012                                                                                                                                                 
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n                                                                                                                                      
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0e8d:2870 MediaTek Inc.                                                                                                                                                                       
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 058f:6254 Alcor Micro Corp. USB Hub                                                                                                                                                           
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
root@Pineapple:~# lsusb -D /dev/bus/usb/001/011
Device: ID 0e8d:2870 MediaTek Inc.                                                                                                                                                                          [15/3605]
Device Descriptor:                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  bLength                18                                                                                                                                                                                          
  bDescriptorType         1                                                                                                                                                                                          
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x0e8d MediaTek Inc.
  idProduct          0x2870
  bcdDevice            0.01
  iManufacturer           1 Љ
  iProduct                2 Љ
  iSerial                 3 Љ
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           32
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xa0
      (Bus Powered)
      Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower              160mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage
      bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI
      bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk-Only
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
  bLength                10
  bDescriptorType         6
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  bNumConfigurations      1
Device Status:     0x0002
  (Bus Powered)
  Remote Wakeup Enabled

I have checked lsmod and the MT76* modules are loaded. I know this probably doesn't apply here but the kernel is on 4.14 and MT76 is normally supported in 4.19+.

Thanks in advance for any help!

someone else experiencing problems with downloading the latest firmware from the GUI? my device can't seem to find the updates.

4 minutes ago, rival23 said:

someone else experiencing problems with downloading the latest firmware from the GUI? my device can't seem to find the updates.

nvm rookie mistake 😄

7 hours ago, rival23 said:

May try manual install of 2.6.1

Seems to go better without any issues that way.