EASY - Kali NetHunter Install App!

INFOTRACE

Hi Guys,

Just found out (I am a bit slow) that Kali NetHunter is now available in the Kali App Store, so it must be in the Android store as well. It apparently works on all android platforms from KitKat (v4.4) to Pie (v9.0)! I find this truly amazing (if it works), and wanted to know if anyone else has tried this, and what the verdict is? 

Cheers 😎

PS. Apparently your Android device must be rooted?

PPS. Here is the link: https://www.kali.org/news/kali-nethunter-app-store/

On 8/1/2019 at 11:22 AM, INFOTRACE said:

Hi Guys,

Just found out (I am a bit slow) that Kali NetHunter is now available in the Kali App Store, so it must be in the Android store as well. It apparently works on all android platforms from KitKat (v4.4) to Pie (v9.0)! I find this truly amazing (if it works), and wanted to know if anyone else has tried this, and what the verdict is? 

Cheers 😎

PS. Apparently your Android device must be rooted?

PPS. Here is the link: https://www.kali.org/news/kali-nethunter-app-store/

Hey guys,

Quick update on the App. You need to ensure that your device is ROOTED and that you download the F-Droid or it will not work.

I will keep you posted on my progress, but so far the rooted option resulted in the OEM being greyed out (it wasn't before), so no joy until I get that fixed!

Cheers 🤓

Hi Guys,

After rooting and then unrooting and then rooting the nexus 6p again🤓, I thought I would try the QR scan on the OS Kali NetHunter website and it worked with ease. I am going to (later today) try and install each of the apps to see if they work on root and without the need for F-Droid. I did install the Magisk Master as well. That should allow for the use of other services on the device without any clashes. I shall let you know how I progress 😊

Cheers 😎

wow yea actualy id get it from there site. they might have it made for your phone you need to change your kernel its a bit more then getting an app. the new store is nice but brand new so nothing you cant already get but people are on the job . check out the forums youll see me alot on there.. i need help everywhere. lol no there i can actually answer. usualy wrong but it happens

On 8/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, nikmel420 said:

wow yea actualy id get it from there site. they might have it made for your phone you need to change your kernel its a bit more then getting an app. the new store is nice but brand new so nothing you cant already get but people are on the job . check out the forums youll see me alot on there.. i need help everywhere. lol no there i can actually answer. usualy wrong but it happens

Hi nikmel420,

Thanks for your post🔥🔥🔥.......it really made me laugh.......in a good way.......

Yeah, well, I have loaded it onto my Nex6p 4 times and each time I get a little bit closer to being able to use it.........

I have the NetH store, NetH App, got all the bells and whistles (Kernel sorted), done the rooting, busted through the 'flashing', got the correct APK, Image, and everything else you can think of, which includes recovery/reboot and the like.........the last time (yesterday) I removed it was after sorting out Chroot Manage......the packages were unavailable...............i.e. apt-get not found...........I believe that it is a great app with some excellent features, but there are issues.

1. I cannot find any decent posts nor youtube videos that actually take you through the process step-by-step (I am a visual learner)?

2. Is it worth the aggravation, I have seen so many posts with problems with updates, so, is it better than simply running Kali (SSH) on a rooted android?

If you have any links to a complete 100 % working and actually see the presenter using it (even if the vid is over 60 mins) I would love to see it.😊

Thanks again for your post.......every single day is a school day in the world of tech.....and I for one love it!😆

Ok ill tell

#1 unlock bootloader

#2 root android (open supersu then busybox)

#3 download nethunter zip file https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-nethunter-download/

#4 from the custom recovery (i use twrp) go to install, then downloads select zip file.

#5 swipe icon to right wait could take 20 minutes to install

#6 reboot to bootloader (android)

#7 select nethunter app grant permissions with supersu ( then do same with nethunter terminal)

Should be good hope it helps

21 minutes ago, Bigbiz said:

Ok ill tell

#1 unlock bootloader

#3 download nethunter zip file https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-nethunter-download/

#4 from the custom recovery (i use twrp) go to install, then downloads select zip file.

#7 select nethunter app grant permissions with supersu ( then do same with nethunter terminal)

Hi Bigbiz,

Well, you come to the rescue again.......🙏

I shall follow the directions to the letter...........I will then report my findings.........and this could actually be 5th time lucky 😆

Cheers 😊

PS. I noticed there is no mention of flashing the Kernel? This could be where it all goes wrong for me, as this is what I have been doing....so will refrain from that, and yes TWRP is good........Thanks again 😃

7 hours ago, Bigbiz said:

Ok ill tell

#1 unlock bootloader

Hi Bigbiz,

Not sure where to start with this post..........oh well, here goes.......

I followed your 7 steps to success and I cannot beige that it actually worked!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥Not that I didn't believe you, it was more of whether I believed in myself.....and that is the honest truth.

Upon reflection and comparing all the advice I had received from other sources, I realise where I wasted 48 hrs and was going wrong.

How to get it all wrong:

First of all do NOT believe that simply installing the said Kali NetHunter App Store will get you anywhere fast (by the way, as you didn't mention the store I decided not to do that on this occasion, I did on at least 5 other occasions).

Secondly, flashing kernels and the like........what a waste of time that is.........get the phone rooted and crack on.......🔥🔥🔥🔥

Thirdly, Installing SuperSu simply crashes and when it is granted all of the permissions known to man, it tells you that your device is not rooted properly.........deleted it and decided to try Root Checker 🔥🔥🔥🔥 and behold it stated what I already knew........device is rooted......

And last but by no means least.........unzipping the Kali file using Magisk Manager when one should be TWRP.........

So, I can only thank you Bigbiz.........for finally letting me see the light and using your wisdom to assist me........especially appreciated as I didn't have to sit for another 6 + hours of useless YOUTUBE videos claiming they have the answer, when clearly 99% do not.😈

Thanks again Bigbiz 🙏

• 1 month later...

https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunter/build-scripts/kali-nethunter-project/wikis/home go down to 3 build scripts to https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunter/build-scripts/kali-nethunter-project/wikis/Building-Nethunter all info gist is

build.py [-h] [--device DEVICE] [--kitkat] [--lollipop] [--marshmallow]
                [--nougat] [--forcedown] [--uninstaller] [--kernel]
                [--nokernel] [--nosu] [--generic ARCH] [--rootfs SIZE]
                [--release VERSION]

easy as :  python build.py -d oneplus1 --lollipop

i normmaly add --forcedownload --rootfs full :thats it

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello, everyone,

So I have the new WiFi Pineapple Mark VII Tactical and I am excited about the little horny box 😉.

So

I have used Kali myself for years and whatever still does Nexus 5 and good adapter that is quick to use is perfect from what I can recommend.

And Team Pineapple, once again outdone themselves!
Servus 

Halllo Alle,

Also ich habe die neue WiFi Pineapple Mark VII Tactical und ich bin begeistert von der kleinen geilen box 😉.

Also 

Hab selbst Jahre Kali genutzt was auch noch immer tut Nexus 5 und guter Adapter das ist schnell einsatz perferkt von kann ich das empfehlen.

Und das Team Pineapple ,mal wieder selbst übertroffen!!!

Servus

Archived