Kaboodle LAN over internet program

giantjoebot

I currently use Hamachi for my VPN needs, but I reciently found another program called kaboodle that looks as if it can do the same thing without using in between servers like Hamachi does. I really don't have the time right now to try it out. So I was wondering if anyone had tried this program that could tell me about it. Or would be willing to give it a try and post their opinion.

http://www.kaboodle.org/

interesting little program ... and a Sideeffect I guess you could call it that is ....

when your connected to a WLAN connection it will find all the connected computers also ... as I am sitting in a hospital that has wifi access I can see some interesting things ... like a Printer and a few clients on the wifi ... and the other strange thing is I am on a SITH protexx connection and it shows so of the computers on that network also ... so I see a few computers on the screen ... Nice feature hahahaha

very basic looking ui ... nothing special ... its not like full of menus is mostly like click the computer and there is a few options there for vnc or load up browser to view is what I have seen with it ... not bad will use it alittle more in the coming days at work and see if there are any hidden machines there also

What I'm really interested in is using it for remote desktop, accessing network shares over the internet, and file transfers. I have always had a problem with browsing network shares in explorer with Hamachi. I always get horrible lag time. I was hoping that this program could do the same without the lag.

• 1 month later...