Find a hacker to be my mentor

re0

Find a hacker to be my mentor.

I hope you can show you my technology first.

I know more about the network knowledge, but I am not familiar with the technology, so you can teach me  basics technology first.

I can pay some money in return.

If you can, please talk to me in detail.

9 minutes ago, NewHack5 said:

Pls am new here I also need a good knowledge about hacking I want to be a white hacker i need a mentor that can expose me to the environment how to be a hacker  

YouTube would be a great place to start.  There a lot of videos on how to do things.  Also there are books that can help you on amazon that teaches you the fine art of hacking.  Also would recommend the pen test+ certification to help you. As well as some CTF stuff that you can practice on. 

When you purchase The Hacker's Play Book, be sure to check the online links for updated information. It continually updates and changes. There are an onslaught of good books from which to choose.

Here's A List That Helped Me: The Hackers Playbook 3, Hacking: The Art of Exploitation (check for latest Edition and updated links in book), The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook: Finding and Exploiting Security Flaws, Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking----------Books For Reference: RedTeam Field Manual, Blue Team Manual------------Books For Programming Hacking: Black Hat Python, Grey Hat Python.

There is also the route of certifications. In regards to the them, many speak condescendingly. However, the right prep-courses, books and labs you could pass in just over a month. As a major benefit of obtaining the certifications, you gain strong foundations!

Recommendation For Certs.: Security +, Network +, and your C.E.H., when you obtain the needed experience and proctor. Another cert. you can look into are those provided by Offensive Security(Kali).. Get those and see where you would like to specialize. "Cyber Security" and "Information Security" are massive field/s. Find your calling within it.

Hope this helped a little. Good luck with your future decisions!

Regards,

Mr. ClassiC

What I want to learn is attack, intrusion and defense technology.

Online tutorials are too confusing and few are complete, so I hope others can teach me when they have free time.

4 minutes ago, re0 said:

What I want to learn is attack, intrusion and defense technology.

Online tutorials are too confusing and few are complete, so I hope others can teach me when they have free time.

If you want after October we can start a study group for some of the things.  I currently studying for the CySA+ test that I’ll be taking in October.  Then going on to study for the pentest+ after that. 

1 minute ago, TheLaughingMan said:

如果你想在Octo ber之后,我们可以为一些事情开设一个研究小组。我目前正在学习将于10月份参加的CySA +考试。然后继续研究pentest +之后。 

Okay, please contact me then and leave a contact information. Is there any programming language that I have to learn before that?

2 minutes ago, re0 said:

Okay, please contact me then and leave a contact information. Is there any programming language that I have to learn before that?

Not really if use other people tools (there a lot out in the wild) unless you want to write your own exploits then learning python or other programming styles.  But a lot of OSINT or vulnerability scanner for reconnaissance have already been build and work on in  corporate networks 

Start by learning how your own computer works.

Then your own network.

Then setup a home lab using  Virtual Machines.
That's the best place to start for what you want to learn.

And read, read everything. If something is confusing, go back over it, check did you miss something. Investigate, google, READ.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:43 AM, Rkiver said:

Start by learning how your own computer works.

Then your own network.

Then setup a home lab using  Virtual Machines.
That's the best place to start for what you want to learn.

And read, read everything. If something is confusing, go back over it, check did you miss something. Investigate, google, READ.

re0,

I agree with Rkiver🔥🔥🔥🔥

I would add that you need to know what you want to achieve and why. There are many tutorials out there, but equally there are many members on this forum that can point you in the right direction. Try searching for topics on Hak5 forum and then pose questions (in the right threads) and see how you go. 😊

Cheers 😎

• 3 months later...
On 8/4/2019 at 2:39 PM, INFOTRACE said:

re0,

I agree with Rkiver🔥🔥🔥🔥

I would add that you need to know what you want to achieve and why. There are many tutorials out there, but equally there are many members on this forum that can point you in the right direction. Try searching for topics on Hak5 forum and then pose questions (in the right threads) and see how you go. 😊

Cheers 😎

Thank you in advance dear reader for your patience, I am in a similar position as our author of the original post. I have successfully completed several courses, earned a few certificates and consider myself above rookie but certainly below expert. So my next step on this path I am on unsure footing.. Do I go $17 grand into debt by taking the LambdaSchool web dev course to learn coding or can i get by with just learning python? I ultimately want to become a Security Engineer/Security Auditor/red team/blue team kinda of thing for a large business or bank. I know I need to be able to automate scripts but I can do that with python. But if I do the LamdaSchool i get the certificate. If i learn python on coursera I also get a certificate its just a lot cheaper.. I need to collect more data to make an informed decision. I really find myself with little interest in learning web development. it will take 6 months at 8 hours a day for lamdaschool. Im currently spending 8 hours a day on my education but im focusing primarily on just the security aspects i.e network topology, host/client firewalls, you know, the fundamentals. BUT i know I need to learn programming language. Am I going to regret spending 6 months in LambdaSchool learning web dev when my ultimate goal is to pass the CEH masterclass and all that entails? Sorry for the length of my question. 

Send me a pm. I have some free time. You're success will depend entirely on whether or not you're willing to do the research and perform trial and error learning.

I wish i met a bigmac 15 years ago.

All my machines are calling my name lol i have been looking through my old code and projects i never released.

On 12/1/2019 at 11:35 PM, i8igmac said:

Send me a pm. I have some free time. You're success will depend entirely on whether or not you're willing to do the research and perform trial and error learning.

I wish i met a bigmac 15 years ago.

All my machines are calling my name lol i have been looking through my old code and projects i never released.

Free time......you are in a great position, as I am not sure I have the time to assist our mutual friend...........My machines also cry out my name 😅

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived