More SD problems... nano not recognizing cards

Hi all,

im just after buying a nano and setting it up on android as i thought that looked easier. however when i wanted to try it out and get modules i put an sd in it... and nothing happened, no lights flashing, no gui changes... nothing.

so i hopped on my windows pc to try see if the card worked and it was fine. i put a .txt file with like one sentence in it on the card and then put that in the nano...nothing again, even after formatting the card in the pineapple the .txt file was there. then i cleaned the sd with diskpart on windows and reformatted it. 

i then tried again with 4 more d cards of different brands, ages and capacities. still nothing. i then ssh'ed into the pineapple and found that the card did show up there under /dev/sda1, however it gave me a warning saying it needed to be 1024 cylinders and it was 3775.

i really dont know what to do and i spent more on shipping than the pineapple itself so i dont really want to have to pay to return it.

if anyone has any ideas however small or silly they may sound please post them. also if anyone else who has a pineapple could tell me exaxtly what card worked for them i might try buy one.

also sorry for bad typing i dont have time to spell check. :)

On 7/20/2019 at 11:39 AM, SyStaP7 (%att?.) said:

Hi all,

im just after buying a nano and setting it up on android as i thought that looked easier. however when i wanted to try it out and get modules i put an sd in it... and nothing happened, no lights flashing, no gui changes... nothing.

so i hopped on my windows pc to try see if the card worked and it was fine. i put a .txt file with like one sentence in it on the card and then put that in the nano...nothing again, even after formatting the card in the pineapple the .txt file was there. then i cleaned the sd with diskpart on windows and reformatted it. 

i then tried again with 4 more d cards of different brands, ages and capacities. still nothing. i then ssh'ed into the pineapple and found that the card did show up there under /dev/sda1, however it gave me a warning saying it needed to be 1024 cylinders and it was 3775.

i really dont know what to do and i spent more on shipping than the pineapple itself so i dont really want to have to pay to return it.

if anyone has any ideas however small or silly they may sound please post them. also if anyone else who has a pineapple could tell me exaxtly what card worked for them i might try buy one.

also sorry for bad typing i dont have time to spell check. 🙂

Hi https://forums.hak5.org/profile/65049-systap7-att/

Just read a couple of entries, which I will be trying later today.

Apparently, having inserted the micro SD into the nano you head to the advanced section and click on the SD part and format from there.

A bit sketchy, but it is an option worth trying.

I hope this helps in some way.

Best of luck 😎

See the slot towards the back?

31tXSdr7z8L._SX425_.jpg

Make sure you are using a MICRO SD card

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMENvH7Kd9UqDi6H8ao

You will not have much success using a thumb drive! Save yourself some misery and use the MICRO SD card.

Then go to advanced and wait a sec for the usb info to load and use that small drop down menu and format, reboot for extra swag and you should be good to go.

If you want to access the files on the nano use FileZilla. The connect info - sftp://172.16.42.1  username is root, unless you made something different during setup. The same for the password you made during setup.

Peace homey!

This is seeming to be a common issue and I've now fixed three times on different pineapples...

You need to format the drive to RAW... I did this using DISKPART in cmd because its faster than a terminal.... Then simply insert it into the pineapple and do not remove it for the following steps...

Firstly factory reset the pineapple...

Then preform the first time setup (on an android phone preferably) 

Next format the card...

The card showed up at this point on 2 of 3 nanos for me..

On the third I just powered it off and plugged it into my PC... Then connected to the AP and went to the web GUI and it showed up....

I hope this works for you... Good luck

20190730_130835.jpg

Here's how to do the diskpart part....

open up command prompt and type in DISKPART then type in list disk and select whichever disc you want it's likely number 3 or 4 or whatever is at the bottom I don't know how many hard drives you have it'll show the volume that's all you'll have to go by... then you need to type "select disk 3" for example

Then type clean and it should fully format the drive it will then be formatted to a raw drive which has no partitions on it... you can do this in Linux but just did not work for me and I don't know why...

Then you need to go into a program called... I don't know what it's called... but all you have to do in the search thing is type "part" and it will come up as create and change partitions or something like that... 

Then you need to right click and follow the steps and format it to exfat

Then what I did was completely wipe the pineapple and start the installation on an Android phone but while wiping it leave the SD card inside it...

this just work for me I don't know why it could be just freak accident or it could legit be the key I really don't know if it works let me know that's what I did

This is copied from another post I wrote before I tried 2 more nanos.

2 minutes ago, SyStaP7 (%att?.) said:

This is seeming to be a common issue and I've now fixed three times on different pineapples...

You need to format the drive to RAW... I did this using DISKPART in cmd because its faster than a terminal.... Then simply insert it into the pineapple and do not remove it for the following steps...

Firstly factory reset the pineapple...

Then preform the first time setup (on an android phone preferably) 

Next format the card...

The card showed up at this point on 2 of 3 nanos for me..

On the third I just powered it off and plugged it into my PC... Then connected to the AP and went to the web GUI and it showed up....

I hope this works for you... Good luck

20190730_130835.jpg

Hi buddy,

Pleased it worked for you. 

I didn't use an android phone, I simply placed it in the micro SD slot and went to Advanced settings etc., and I didn't use a partition........

As long as it worked for you............enjoy 😎

1 minute ago, SyStaP7 (%att?.) said:

Here's how to do the diskpart part....

open up command prompt and type in DISKPART then type in list disk and select whichever disc you want it's likely number 3 or 4 or whatever is at the bottom I don't know how many hard drives you have it'll show the volume that's all you'll have to go by... then you need to type "select disk 3" for example

Then type clean and it should fully format the drive it will then be formatted to a raw drive which has no partitions on it... you can do this in Linux but just did not work for me and I don't know why...

Then you need to go into a program called... I don't know what it's called... but all you have to do in the search thing is type "part" and it will come up as create and change partitions or something like that... 

Then you need to right click and follow the steps and format it to exfat

Then what I did was completely wipe the pineapple and start the installation on an Android phone but while wiping it leave the SD card inside it...

this just work for me I don't know why it could be just freak accident or it could legit be the key I really don't know if it works let me know that's what I did

This is copied from another post I wrote before I tried 2 more nanos.

Great instructions buddy.........good information 😎

Archived