how long has our irc server been down?

Darren Kitchen

We found a new host. only problem is we need an IRC admin with experience. I'm not talking about ops, I'm talking about actual ircd administration. Thankfully it's one of those things that usually just works once it's up and running. And we've been lucky to have Owine running the network but he's very busy these days and I don't know of anyone else capable of setting it up.

Anyway the good news is we found two hosts that'll offer redundancy to the network. Just need someone thats good with ircd's to set it up.

We found a new host. only problem is we need an IRC admin with experience. I'm not talking about ops, I'm talking about actual ircd administration. Thankfully it's one of those things that usually just works once it's up and running. And we've been lucky to have Owine running the network but he's very busy these days and I don't know of anyone else capable of setting it up.

Anyway the good news is we found two hosts that'll offer redundancy to the network. Just need someone thats good with ircd's to set it up.

I'm willing to help... only problem is I have no ircd admin experience... so I'd need assistance in trying to keep it running smoothly.

And thanks Darren for answering our question...

oh and btw:

[23:54] * Brainkill changes topic to '<Brainkill> IRC server is going to be worked on anywhere within 24 hours from NOW by NOC technicians. They will be swapping out the old system for a new system. Downtime will be minimal, we hope. Server will be rebooted and IRC server will be rebooted aftewards.'

[01:59] * OTG-Brainkill changes topic to 'Server was down this morning till 4 AM EST. Thanks for your cooperation'