Homebrew USB Device

AjC

Hi guys,

Firstly i would just like to say 'Hello', recently found out about Hak.5 and i have to say it's just great :D

In general what would be the steps involved to create a usb controlled external device? I understand that a device driver (for window$) would be required, it's more the hardware side i am interested in. Would you need to buy a usb controlling chip, or are they as easy to interface with as serial ports?

Many thanks, and sorry for being vague (am working on a top secret project to take over the world ;)), i can provide a more detailed overview of what i am trying to achieve if it would help.

AjC

Thanks for the replies.

After digging a little more, it does look as though it will be a complex task. I have however found a book that seems exactly what i was looking for (called USB Complete, if anyone else is interested in this topic), i'll give this a shot and let you guys know how it turned out :)

Cheers,

AjC

ITS one of em 80 mm though .. look it worked for him, it dosnt really matter to me whether you agree or not.
Alright, calm down chaps, I see no argument here, sneaky_rupert merely said that a lot of fans won't run at that voltage. Merely an observation, no-one said you were BSing neochivers, no need to get so defensive.

Exactly, no, like I said, I find it interesting. I learned something new, and defintely wasn't trying to call you out.

aye but id shove my big toe up his arse hole

j/k

im not too sure in the details but it works .. he chased me round his room threating to chop off my fingers .. then i realized they don't hurt >.>