Pandora on PocketPC

Birra

I don't know if I can create this topic here, but I'll just do it.

I have a MDA Vario (a pocketpc), but I'm not getting Pandora to work on that (it would be superduperultra great if it worked).

All it does is load a little, then it just stops.

Is there a way to fix this?

Like another browser or flash or something?

Thanks!

what's your usage scenario?

perhaps I can hack something up.

I use IE & Flash 7, but I can't find 8 or 9.

I'll try to explain my question better,

I meant - what do you want to be able to do? listen to pandora on the go? in the car? in your living room? wirelessly? connected via bluetooth to a near by laptop?

and so on...

what do you want to be able to do, exactly?

what's your usage scenario?

perhaps I can hack something up.

I use IE & Flash 7, but I can't find 8 or 9.

I'll try to explain my question better,

I meant - what do you want to be able to do? listen to pandora on the go? in the car? in your living room? wirelessly? connected via bluetooth to a near by laptop?

and so on...

what do you want to be able to do, exactly?

I want to listen to Pandora in traffic, and it has in-built internet (I mean, you can acces the internet everywhere you are.).

Well, now that I know what you want to do I can help you.

1) I'm interested in knowing what type of internet connection you're talking about, is it wifi? EDGE?

2) why pay for internet connection in order to listen to a non-live feed?!

how about this solution:

I can write a little application that takes two parameters - the name of the radio-station and the amount of megabytes available on your device (or time in minutes that you'd like to be available) and it will create for you a set of files and a playlist to copy to your device.

It will be different every time, you will not know what comes next - and it will be based on the stuff pandora played and you ripped.

if you download in cruise control while you're not next to the computer - then playing the stuff created by my app or actually listening to pandora should be indistinguishable.

waiting for your input.

Well, now that I know what you want to do I can help you.

1) I'm interested in knowing what type of internet connection you're talking about, is it wifi? EDGE?

2) why pay for internet connection in order to listen to a non-live feed?!

how about this solution:

I can write a little application that takes two parameters - the name of the radio-station and the amount of megabytes available on your device (or time in minutes that you'd like to be available) and it will create for you a set of files and a playlist to copy to your device.

It will be different every time, you will not know what comes next - and it will be based on the stuff pandora played and you ripped.

if you download in cruise control while you're not next to the computer - then playing the stuff created by my app or actually listening to pandora should be indistinguishable.

waiting for your input.

1. I don't know that yet, it's not mine yet, but I'll aks when my dad comes home (it's his').

2. Because I want to use the internet for different things too :P.

Thanks for your solution, but then I can't press No if I don't like it, etc, it just won't be the same.

But still thanks!

GPRS is really too slow for streaming MP3, it'd take ages to get one song, hardly worth it... not to mention unless you have an unlimited data plan it'd cost a fortune...

But my dad can watch the news in the car?

And it has no download-cap.

It's EDGE, my dad looked it up.

And no download-cap.

And it's quad-band, don't if that info is useful.

:)

wow. how much are you paying for it?

over here that kind of service would cost a fortune, and I guess if I had that I'd also be doing all sorts of on-line stuff with my PDA and my car.

though it seems like a lot of work just so you could mark which songs you like and which you don't. except for that ability - which you will loose (with my solution) what else would you be missing?

because, thinking about it, you gain the ability to skip fwd. as much as you want, plus - select the next track to play manually, plus - play a track again... which are stuff you don't get with the real pandora.

cheers,

The phone is 20 euro per month & the internet is 10 euro per month. :P

But I could also just upload some mp3's to the phone, you don't have to write an app for that, but I thought maybe you could fix Pandora on PocketPC.

Wow, that's dirt cheap.

I envy you.

You could ask pandora about porting their app to run on a pocket-pc.

what browser are you running on the PPC?

IE or Opera(Trial).

We already emailed Pandora, but no response yet.

• 4 weeks later...