Tactical nano without wifi service?

I'll be attempting to use my pineapple nano on an android that has no cell service at the moment. I don't want to pay a monthly bill on a phone that i may only use 2 time's a month so what would you all suggest in the way of connectivity? I was thinking the pay as you go or buying a hotspot device with a pay as you go. I don't trust that any of these services would be fast enough.

Have any of you tried anything like this and have a suggested best pick?

pay as you go would be cheaper on the long run. Plus you would be able to work off the phone as well.

Desicated APs can be costly, are often slow and it’s one more thing to carry as you’d want a phone to work with.

Purely my opinions though.

I agree. I use metropcs pay by the month with unlimited data, there is the catch, be careful not to do what I did and buy one of those stupid hot spot gadgets, you only have a certain amount of data and when it runs out it's game over, that is important because clients connected may be streaming video and that will eat you up in no time at all.

You may even get a free phone, they are always running specials, not the best carrier but it works for me.Then again I am in the Atlanta metro area and signals are not an issue here, yours may vary.

You could target a wifi hot spot, a lot of the big box stores have free wifi, once you throw up that beacon should be no issue having clients connect to you. This is the free approach.

By the way, you don't have to have an internet connection, sometimes people don't even care they just think the signal strength is poor so they go on about their day. In this scenario you are just trying to get access to the device itself, while it is in their back pocket 🙂 just be careful you could catch a sexual assault case 🙂 

and a lot of times their device is going to connect to you if you are sending those beacons out, I have found that most connected clients are not doing anything at all, their phone is just charging or sitting on the counter.

I think their should be more development in this area as phones are taking over desktops, I was recently at a hotel where there were well over 70 clients connected, some could be other devices but there was only 3 laptops on the network and those could be the hotel computers for all I knew. Even my friends look at me funny when I say I have a desktop 😮

Archived