hardware key /dongles

SHAGGY

ok so i have this program and i have the dongle but cant seem to find my

pin to install it also would like to know if it could be cracked so that i dont have to bring my key with me. dont want it to get lost you know :) :wink:

Theoretically, a USB dongle key with a 1028 bit key (I assume you mean a Rainbow iKey) can be cracked, but you probably dont feel like waiting a couple of thousands of years to get it to enumerate.

The whole point of the key is to provide something you have and something you know authentication. They do this for a reason. I have, however, done some rather interesting things with USB dongle keys just to fix them when their fragile little plastic shell cracks.

• 3 weeks later...

sneaky_rupert, i have a security key on a dongle for a program and i have to keep moving the key from my work computer to my home computer. is there anyway to get the contents of the dongle onto a usb key? like maybe trick the software into thinking the dongle is still connected?

ok so i have this program and i have the dongle but cant seem to find my

pin to install it also would like to know if it could be cracked so that i dont have to bring my key with me. dont want it to get lost you know :) :wink:

ok, I am $hitfaced right now, so does this make sense to anyone else, cause to me, it reads

Blah Blah Blah, I'm an inarticulate jackass.

Maybe its the beer.