HAK.5 Screen Saver! Download Now (Unoffical)

hsncorrosion

I tried it out.

1. Virus Scan - No infected files

2. Ran it - No new services running

3. Checked Reg. - No new entries.

Overall, it is an alright screen saver. :)

Thank you.

Maybe now people won't think that I try to infect pcs.

The fact is im into computers so much it pisses me off if anyones pc get infected. So I would never try to infect one myself. And It is good the scan files no matter where they come from so im not really mad that I wasn't trusted.

Fair enough, but you gotta realise the kind of people who come here aren't the average "Next >, Next >, Next >" people :)

Yeah, well I wuz just tryin to make somthing for Hak5. I know that when I fist got maximumpc magaize (when I wuz 7 im 15 now) I wanted a screensaver for it and they made one.

I have never seen a Hak.5 screensaver so I made on.

Meh, it's cool, people are going to be suspicious of random EXEs... not to suggest that your screensaver was infected (especially since it's been confirmed otherwise) but until someone other than you runs it no-one else knows that it's clean or even if it's a screensaver...

This isn't a jab at you personally, it's just a thing in all of us, we're paranoid by nature. :)

Meh, it's cool, people are going to be suspicious of random EXEs... not to suggest that your screensaver was infected (especially since it's been confirmed otherwise) but until someone other than you runs it no-one else knows that it's clean or even if it's a screensaver...

This isn't a jab at you personally, it's just a thing in all of us, we're paranoid by nature. :)

Should I unzipp it? post it as an .scr and not a zipped .zip

Would that help?

And what if I post and animated gif to show what it looks like.

That wouldn't help. In fact it might even be worse because people don't expect to download an executable file outside of some form of container (like a .zip or .rar) these days.

An animation showing what it is doesn't prove anything either unfortunately, I could post a 'screensaver' here that's actually a virus and post a screengrab and animation that's nothing to do with that particular file (it could even be a screensaver with a virus inside, you wouldn't know the difference because it does what you expect).

That wouldn't help. In fact it might even be worse because people don't expect to download an executable file outside of some form of container (like a .zip or .rar) these days.

An animation showing what it is doesn't prove anything either unfortunately, I could post a 'screensaver' here that's actually a virus and post a screengrab and animation that's nothing to do with that particular file (it could even be a screensaver with a virus inside, you wouldn't know the difference because it does what you expect).

I see what you mean. Well if people trust it and download it great! If now ohwell.

• 2 weeks later...