Is Packet Squirrel Firmware v2.0 for real?

davedsbca

I saw a similar comment in Discord... I have no idea where this notion of a breach or unofficial firmware comes from.

We released 2.0 officially alongside the launch of the Hak5 Cloud C2. It's real, and there hasn't been any compromise. A SHA256 and changelog is present.

Screenshot from 2019-06-28 03-37-32 - 1.png

Thanks.  Can you also point me at where this changelog is present?

Seriously, it's a bit disconcerting to go to what is supposedly the official forum for a product and see no mention of or details about a new firmware version.  Believe it or not, there are people out there who create software that does nefarious things and then try to entice other people to download and install it.  I heard about it in podcast somewhere.  😉

Ah, I see now.  OK, here was the source of my confusion.  I went to https://downloads.hak5.org looking for the latest PacketSquirrel firmware and saw it right there in front of me in the big box at the bottom of the page with the header 'Latest Firmware Releases'.  I never moved my mouse pointer over the top half of the page to notice that all the products pictured there were actually big rollover buttons that took you to a separate product specific download page, which is where the SHA256 and changelog button were to be found.  Thank you for patiently answering my questions.  😖

Archived