Pineapple not connecting to Android

nickynik

Hi everyone, just started out with my pineapple so bare with me. I have set my pineapple up on my laptop previous to this post and was working fine. But now i wanted to set it up on my Galaxy s8 and when i power on the pineapple and connect my phone, it gets stuck on "Waiting for connection". I have enabled tethering and yes my carrier supports tethering. Not really sure what my next move is.

• 1 month later...

Where can one find some more in-depth instructions and trouble shooting info?

I'd say the most frustrating thing is to google a 100 page's and watching tons of video's to try and peace together enough info to try and fix something. The tutorials from hak5 is lacking big time.

I am not sure how to fix any of you guys problems however I will tell you how I do it as the phone is the best way to go and mine works perfectly!!

Download the "Wifi Pineapple Connector" app from the google play store.  Free!!

Plug the phone in to the Pineapple first, I don't know why, just gives me good mojo 🙂

Plug the Pineapple in to a power source, could be a usb hub, power bar does not matter what brand, or your phone charger in your car, though I have not tried the car port yet so let me know how it goes.

Wait 10 seconds and then open the app, and I see you are aware of the tethering so cool.

Ron: Trust me bro, I lived there for a while figuring this thing out. I have the manual but there are a lot of things left out. Looks like they wised up and now just making devices anyone can use lol. I think it is a good thing considering how dangerous this thing really is, the ones who figure it out will enjoy it, the ones that don't probably didn't need to know how it worked anyway!!

On 8/7/2019 at 4:15 AM, madvideos said:

oh forgot one thing, you plug the phone directly into the Nano or you can use a hub, I have a small 4 port hub I use but often have no real use for it because if you start plugging in other devices you will drain the battery.

Drain the battery........you are not kidding.......😎

On 8/7/2019 at 4:12 AM, madvideos said:

I am not sure how to fix any of you guys problems however I will tell you how I do it as the phone is the best way to go and mine works perfectly!!

Download the "Wifi Pineapple Connector" app from the google play store.  Free!!

Plug the phone in to the Pineapple first, I don't know why, just gives me good mojo 🙂

Plug the Pineapple in to a power source, could be a usb hub, power bar does not matter what brand, or your phone charger in your car, though I have not tried the car port yet so let me know how it goes.

Wait 10 seconds and then open the app, and I see you are aware of the tethering so cool.

Ron: Trust me bro, I lived there for a while figuring this thing out. I have the manual but there are a lot of things left out. Looks like they wised up and now just making devices anyone can use lol. I think it is a good thing considering how dangerous this thing really is, the ones who figure it out will enjoy it, the ones that don't probably didn't need to know how it worked anyway!!

Great advice buddy 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Archived