Fixed flash 9 problem with pandora

Razor512

The best way instead of adding extra flash player extensions, just do this simple tweak

(firefox has to be closed while doing this)

Step 1: Go to C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEApplication DataMozillaFirefox

Step 2: Right click on a file named pluginreg

Step 3: open with notepad

Step 4: Press Ctrl + F

Step 5: type in the word "flash" then press enter

you will see a line named(example) $

Shockwave Flash 8.0 xxx R22|$

Shockwave Flash|$

0|application/x-shockwave-flash|Macromedia Flash movie|swf|$

Step 6: locate the 8.0 xxx R22

Step 7: replace the 8.0 xxx R22

with

9.0.21 d55

then save changes and close

after that open your pandora again

it will now run fine with out the use of grease monkey or noscript

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7800/untitled1bj2.jpg

Hi,

Using a Linux SlackWare-based Live CD called Slax,

i noticed there's no such thing as a Flash version

issue: i see names like 'nspluginviewer*.tmp' all

over the place in my /tmp/kde-root/ directory when

Pandora is opened from Konqueror and there's a log

file saying "opened(########):file://tmp/kde-root/

etc., which tells me each .MP3 file is identified.

Has anyone tried Pandora's Jar under Linux before?

:?:

• 4 weeks later...

will hopefully be fixed soon

hope when it gets fixed it doesn't have the ripping problem

that ripping problem where the wrong name was used to save the file started when i upgraded to the new version so i had to roll back to

Pandora's Jar Ver: 7.4.0 Beta (made me miss my pocket pc control (400 foot wifi range)

old version but never gave me problems ripping audio

no matter when you clicked grab this track for the song, it always had the right name (only problem i noticed is that it labels part of the name of the sing if the song has a & in it (didnt bother my though because most songs don't have a & in them and the ones that do, even with half of the name, you still know which song it is)

• 4 months later...

Mine looks the same way as it should, I did it right, but it won't work still without greasemonkey. Without greasemonkey, it doesn't give me the Pandora's flash message; it just sits there on a light blue screen and Pandora never loads.

I guess I know you can't just tell me what is wrong considering you don't know how I edited the "pluginreg.dat" file, but I assure you I did everything the  way it was supposed to be.

Mine looks the same way as it should, I did it right, but it won't work still without greasemonkey. Without greasemonkey, it doesn't give me the Pandora's flash message; it just sits there on a light blue screen and Pandora never loads.

I guess I know you can't just tell me what is wrong considering you don't know how I edited the "pluginreg.dat" file, but I assure you I did everything the  way it was supposed to be.

yep theres a new problem, I was able to temporarily fix it in the new installer  but  it really needs a better fix as  the new fix has like a 5 second delay between  the changing of a song and the updating of the grabber to get ready to grab the new song 

I am still working to fix this

• 2 weeks later...

just an FYI in case anyone missed it but Pandora is now requiring flash 9, so unless you masquerade <=8 as 9 it doesn't help that pJar works, Pdora won't load, just gives a link to upgrade.  Is the problem brought on by the flash version really a huge break?  It looks like its parading through temp directories looking for mp3 files.  Is it not just a matter of telling it to look somewhere else?

• 2 weeks later...
just an FYI in case anyone missed it but Pandora is now requiring flash 9, so unless you masquerade <=8 as 9 it doesn't help that pJar works, Pdora won't load, just gives a link to upgrade.

Everyone should know this. To make Flash 8 work with Pandora, please look at problem A here.

• 2 months later...

Great site, I just found it and got the latest build.  it is working great but and I too had this issue with the browser displaying the upgrade link in the window frame.  My workaround was to right click in the frame select This frame > open frame in new tab.  the frame generated a new tab with the familiar pandora interface and the jar tab grabbed just like normal.  I'll try the 8-9 edit to see if that negates the workaround above.  thanks alot.  -Nick

Great site, I just found it and got the latest build.  it is working great but and I too had this issue with the browser displaying the upgrade link in the window frame.  My workaround was to right click in the frame select This frame > open frame in new tab.  the frame generated a new tab with the familiar pandora interface and the jar tab grabbed just like normal.  I'll try the 8-9 edit to see if that negates the workaround above.  thanks alot.  -Nick

Again, to make Flash 8 work with Pandora, please look at problem A here.