First Build

haxorflakes

Ok i have been looking for the parts online for a while and finding the best things for a decent priced awsome gaming computer. All i need is a tower like the antec 900 because of the fans, but one that is larger and has less problems. Also there are just a few things i will go out and buy (like the dvd drives) so tell me anything thats wrong or ideas. Also, anysites for help on building it, incase i do need help because this is my first build. Ok so here is the list i have compiled

-Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz

-ASUS P5N32-E SLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

-CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

-18X dvd drive- any suggestions would be nice (20-40 bucks)

-eVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

-SILVERSTONE SST-ST75ZF ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V 750W Power Supply 90

-Any ideas for a case like the antec 900 that has lots of fans, but isnt as small/ have as many problems

-Sound card idea (50-100 range)

Any ideas for a case like the antec 900 that has lots of fans, but isnt as small/ have as many problems

Well, I have NO idea about the Antec, and the case I'm about to suggest is not particularly big. Just stick with me for a sec.

I would like to suggest you get the Sharkoon Rebel9.

It comes in 2 flavors: Value edition and Economy edition.

One has a 25cm fan blowing directly onto the MoBo, as well as a preinstalled 12cm fan on a bracket that you can mount in the front bays. The other has 2 holed openings in the side that you can attach 12cm fans to, and has the bracket for the front 12cm fan. Both versions allow the placement of either 1 12cm or 2 8cm fans at the back, right above the IO panel. So basically, when it comes to fans, if this doesn't cut it, you're doing something wrong.

I've managed to fit an Asus PSCH-L serverboard (full ATX) into it with ease, so that should be no problem.

The entire front are 5.25" slots. That means that you can pretty much fit even the longest cards out there. You get 4 brackets that allow you to install a 3.5" device in a 5.25" slot, so if you want a lot of harddisks and/or floppy drives you might want to invest in separate drive bays. Check out ICY DOCK. Their MD455SPF is great!

The covers for the 5.25" slots are holed and have some of that filter foam stuff in them for good measure.

Finally, it has 4 front connectors for USB and front connectors for audio.

Personally, I love the cleanliness of the design. No hunks of plastic that look cool for 2 days then grow old on you and turn out to get in the way far too often.

Oh, and the kicker? Price. These are 35 euro a pop (40 for the one with the preinstalled fans).

Beat that!