Headset recomendations

Sparda

For the last week or so i'v been looking for a good headset, looked in my local Dixsons and the best they had where not very good (and had some kind of Skype logo/warning on them), I'm looking for a high quality headset (with microphone), prefrably some thing under £50 (86.82 US$), what do you surgest?

What type of thing are you looking for? A stereo headset you can listen to music on as well or a single ear piece one just for comms? Bluetooth or cabled?

Logitech do quite a few, but they all look a bit "hmmmm..." IMHO.

The Plantronics headset I own is really well built, but needs a bit of modding to work with 3.5mm jacks. But they also make standard computer stuff.

http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/headsets...puter-headsets/

Go with a plantronics then, i've seen them thrown at walls over and over again and they seem to work fine after that. (i worked on tech support for BT's I'm-a-dumb-shmuck broadband service)

I'm looking for some gaming grade headsets basicly, but they will probably be used for VoIP (out side games) aswell.

if its always connected to your PC - for gaming I love the plantronics DSP 500. Sits nicely for long durations. Very good microphone, one of the clearer ones you can get. Ive had mine for about 2 years now and havent looked back at the old headset and microphone set.

Wireless would be the next nice addition (bluetooth) for this device if they can get it to work well.

I'm looking for some gaming grade headsets basicly, but they will probably be used for VoIP (out side games) aswell.

well i've had a lot of headsets , and the ozaki one's have lasted me the longest , also if u play older games don't go for a usb one (they tend to give some problems i used to have a expensive high end one with digital 7.1 sound but when using it with cs 1.6 at a certain moment it was like playing the sounds at double speed verry irritating)

well i've had a lot of headsets , and the ozaki one's have lasted me the longest , also if u play older games don't go for a usb one (they tend to give some problems i used to have a expensive high end one with digital 7.1 sound but when using it with cs 1.6 at a certain moment it was like playing the sounds at double speed verry irritating)

the DSP 500 USB version works great for cs1.6 and CS:S from what my experience and what my friends tell me.

• 3 weeks later...

Its personal pref. also .. some headsets are more comftorable than others tho i decided to get sennheiser hd555`s .. and a usb mic .. works perfect for gaming w/ directional sound and lans .. long cord .. and great for music/ video recording and mixing after 4 hours of recording my ears dont even hurt

This may or may not help

in my Line of bussniess i look after site tech stuff this includes headsets

the plantronics are much better and what we are using now for the whole company which has over 20,000 call centre staff ( i look after a small 2-3k of them

that said we used to use GN netcom ones etc the GN has good cancelling etc however over all a poorer design i think

most places opt for plantronics nowadays unless they have legacey stuff