Nano doesn't fail to disappoint

doctorwhen

I don't mean the hardware is disappointing because it is actually pretty good. It's the software that has been a problem for the past year. Even the recent updates do nothing. My problem  is simple... wlan2 ( a popular realtek wireless dongle) scans and finds my home network, but after the password is entered the field goes blank and it never connects. It is almost like it is trying to use the wrong authentication. My phone and everthing else can connect and that dongle works fine on Raspi so it comes downto software. I have noticed that the updates are soooo few and far between for a not-cheap piece of hardware. I would try another dongle but I only have Linksys dongles so forget that. I amready to launch this into the trash. Mr. Kitchen should be ashamed of pushing this device to script kiddies so hard because it needs work. The video touting the updates is worthless if you cannot use wlan2 to connect to an AP.

doctorwhen,

i have just ordered a nano and a bash bunny 🐰 and having read your post I am now slightly concerned. Hopefully I will be okay setting them both up, but just in case I will visit the Hak5 video channels and view the contents linked to the problems you have kindly mentioned, so that I can address the issues if they arise. 

Thanks again for posting.

I would wait until the majority of people that have a Nano, can say that they have no problem connecting wlan2. I believe that it is a firmware/software issue that is just not being fixed. I cannot find a wifi adaptor that will work correctly (because the wifi adaptor is not the problem). Hak5 is really slow at addressing the problems and it's generally the forum members that have to do the debugging. 

Bob

Hi Bob, thank you for the information. I will play with the bash bunny first then. Do you recommend any particular power bank for the nano? Something I will need to buy soon so that I am ready once the FIX has been addressed. Thanks again for assisting with my questions. 🎩😎

Archived