Recon Module in CloudC2 not working :(

ramp115

Hey Fam!

I just set up my c2 cloud server on a digitalocean VPS w/ https, domain name and everything with no issues.

I also set up my wifi pineapple to reconnect to the c2 web server when it connects to the interwebz.

I cannot, however, seem to get the recon module working in the c2 web interface. It just keeps loading and saying there is no recon info yet. I let it run for a good 30-40 minutes before deciding something was wrong.

Is this a bug or something on my end? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Much love to Hak5,

Ramp115Screenshot-2019-6-8-Hak5-Cloud-C.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, NetsForNutworks said:

Did you guys get the Recon module to work? I'm having the same experience with my Pineapple.

A follow up question on this. I noticed in the C2 dashboard my Pineapple says it completed scan.

Does anyone know if those scan results stored somewhere on the Pineapples filesystem?

Then I could possibly get them with C2EXFIL and do something with the data?

Im still having the same issue. No recon data is getting to the c2 from the pineapple but it exists localy. Another issue i noticed is with the Pineapple Tetra, you cant chose what RF spectrum to scan on and it defaults to 2.4 GHz every time.... Its almost easier to use the tetra as a plant and come back for it like originally intended. Network performance on the ISP side of the pineapple is also a factor. If the pineapples internet becomes unstable or unavailable, the pineapple will disconnect from the C2 and not try to reconnect if a recon is running.... Just a few issues I've noticed so far. 

I am mistaken. Previously I tested Cloud C2 Pro v2.0.0 with a WiFi Pineapple NANO v2.6.2 (unreleased) and validated recon working. I incorrectly assumed this was fixed with the forthcoming 2.6.2 release.

I have no gone back and tested with the latest publicly released, Cloud C2 Community v2.0.0 with a WiFi Pineapple NANO v2.6.1 and am unable to reproduce the problem. I am receiving recon scans as expected.

For those of you having issues, can you share what version of Cloud C2 you are running, as well as which WiFi Pineapple (NANO or TETRA) and its firmware version? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently having issue with recon data getting to the Cloud C2 (2.1.2 community edition) from a Wifi Pineapple Nano (2.6.2). I can verify from Nano that the recon scan hits continuous and shows data. I can SSH from C2 to Nano perfectly fine, and the C2 sees the Nano. However when using the Recon tab, no data is ever seen even after several hours.

• 3 months later...

I'm also experiencing the same behavior that @ramp115 describes. I'm running Cloud C2 v2.1.2 Pro Edition on Windows Server 2016 build 1607 and WiFi Pineapple Tetra with firmware v2.7.0.  WiFi Pineapple is using eth0 to connect the C2 server over a stable WAN with less than 2ms latency.  Pings from Pineapple to C2 server are below

64 bytes from 10.71.55.181: seq=0 ttl=121 time=2.771 ms
64 bytes from 10.71.55.181: seq=1 ttl=121 time=1.974 ms
64 bytes from 10.71.55.181: seq=2 ttl=121 time=1.818 ms
64 bytes from 10.71.55.181: seq=3 ttl=121 time=1.844 ms
64 bytes from 10.71.55.181: seq=4 ttl=121 time=1.844 ms

I haven't done a lot of troubleshooting yet, but Recon works on the Pineapple, doesn't work from C2 console.  I'm having a separate issue with this C2 server also that I won't go into here.

• 2 months later...

Hello there,

I am also experiencing this issue with the Wifi Pineapple Tetra.

Recon works fine from the Pineapple itself, however, the Pineapple will disconnect from the cloud itself once the recon module has been enabled and won't reconnect until I restart the instrument. I have re flashed the latest firmware (2.7.0) onto the Pineapple and has not rectified the issue. Version on Cloud C2 is 2.2.0. I am running the cloud c2 server on a raspi 4 running dietpi. All other Hak5 gear works completely fine with cloud c2 it is just the pineapple I am having issues with.

Any suggestions?

Update: I'm not sure if this is the way to fix the problem with the Pineapple tetra.

I just connected an additional wireless interface (ATHEROS AR9271) for the internet connection. Therefore, the connection will not drop when the recon module is enabled in the cloud.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived