HAK5 ON LIVE TV! ( I WANT TO SEE IT )

hsncorrosion

Should Hak.5 Be On Tv?  

40 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • If I Can Watch It, It Don't Matter

Why not have both, QipTechMedia TV which was started by myself, is a site for Tech shows, we are already teaming up with a number of companys to bring shows to the Internet using p2p and non p2p software. Ill tell you how we work.

Lets say you don't know of Hak5 but you know of QipTechMedia. After watching a show of Hak5 you wanna see more. so what you do is click shows and then click HAK5 or the show name then you get taken to there own page. That is hosted by QipTechMedia. Then not only can they watch all the shows you have in your xml file (FLV) they can also download the file as well.

I have sent an email to Hak 5 and tryed to call them however no answer.

You could set up a low power pirate TV station for a few hundred dollars that will be good for a mile or so, with a little more money and the right location you could cover 20 to 40 miles.

Ya I'm sure the FCC would love that idea...

Come to think of it they didn't like my 5 mile uncensored radio station either. rofl (im serious!)

I'm going to take the dangerous road and say "No". Why? Because I think Hak.5 is doing something different and I'd far rather see where that goes. Right now, its international, but if it got stuck on some American cable network anyone who doesn't get that channel is kinda stuck. From my POV, it looks like Hak.5 might just be onto something new and every exciting with the live shows on the net.

I'm going to take the dangerous road and say "No". Why? Because I think Hak.5 is doing something different and I'd far rather see where that goes. Right now, its international, but if it got stuck on some American cable network anyone who doesn't get that channel is kinda stuck. From my POV, it looks like Hak.5 might just be onto something new and every exciting with the live shows on the net.

WOW! Sounds good, I see what u mean, Forget my idea! lol

I love the international bit, we have people here from pretty much every continent so its a wide mix. Thats something that can only be done on the internet really, doesn't matter where you are. All you need is a timezone calculator and a dsl/cable line.

I'm going with VaKo on this one, I don't care that it's not on my TV, I have S-Video out, I don't care that it's not coming in to my set top digital box, that's what my computer's for and I don't care that I can't (necessarily) channel hop to it.

I can watch it when I like on whatever device I like, it's not controlled by a TV network, it's not subject to draconian DRM and it's got a bigger community around it than it ever would on TV (in my opinion).

VaKo's right, if this was taken up by a TV network that'd be the only place you'd ever see it and all the people who once enjoyed it around the world would either have to pirate it or go without.

Also, I know the guys have stopped drinking on camera and such but it's still more of a relaxed atmosphere about the show than a lot of TV shows. Sure, some TV shows feel just as comfortable, but some feel more false or forced.

So basically, if you want it on your TV I suggest either your computer's TV out (if it has the ability), perhaps using an iPod or something (they can output to TV, right?) or perhaps XBOX Media Centre or similar.

A few of us on the IRC some time back actually tried to figure out a way to have IPTV feel sort of like a DIY TV network or channel, perhaps you could do the same, maybe a set of playlists with streams or video files that you could control with a remote or gamepad would be a better idea.

No. I've got 3 letters for ya, F.C.C.

Television, isn't that some 1920s technology or something? A step backwards if you ask me. Between the red tape and dinosaur business models I think we're much better off here on the net.

And with the lines blurring between television and IPTV, timeshifted content, Tivo, Apple TV, Xbox media center, etc, who the hell cares what the delivery method is.

That said, what we're doing is on the bleeding edge, and we're thankful to be in on the ground floor of an exploding medium that has nowhere to go but up. And we're standing on the shoulders of giants and taking a few pages from the play books of those that have pioneered technology television.

G4TechTV namely; the divorced spouse of the great ZDTV/TechTV. Doing live to tape episodes of Call for Help in Toronto for Rogers Cable has been a huge inspiration and role model for us.

Traditional television has been around for decades, creating a format that works, and one that most of us are subconsciously expecting when watching quality programming. So while we pave the way in this new medium, experimenting with the web video format, we'll hopefully find our way into the homes and hearts of technology lusting individuals like yourselves for years to come.

Consider yourself in the front seat of the amusement park ride IPTV. And mind the oxygen masks deployed from the ceiling in the event of a "sudden drop in cabin pressure" (Its like a BSOD but much worse).

PS: Thanks for watching. This is only the beginning.

Blogged here

No. I've got 3 letters for ya, F.C.C.

Television, isn't that some 1920s technology or something? A step backwards if you ask me. Between the red tape and dinosaur business models I think we're much better off here on the net.

And with the lines blurring between television and IPTV, timeshifted content, Tivo, Apple TV, Xbox media center, etc, who the hell cares what the delivery method is.

That said, what we're doing is on the bleeding edge, and we're thankful to be in on the ground floor of an exploding medium that has nowhere to go but up. And we're standing on the shoulders of giants and taking a few pages from the play books of those that have pioneered technology television.

G4TechTV namely; the divorced spouse of the great ZDTV/TechTV. The opportunities to do live to tape episodes of Call for Help at the Omni studios in Toronto on Rogers Cable has been a huge inspiration and role model for us.

Traditional television has been around for decades, creating a format that works, and one that most of us are subconsciously expecting when watching quality programming. While we pave the way in this new medium, experimenting with the format of a international on-demand video, we'll hopefully find our way into the homes and hearts of technology lusting individuals much like yourselves for years to come.

Consider yourselves in the front seat of the amusement park ride IPTV. And mind the oxygen masks deployed from the ceiling in the event of a "sudden drop in cabin pressure" (like a BSOD but worse).

PS: Thanks for watching. This is only the beginning.

So you know I was not planning on setting up a boadcast of anykind.

And I see what you mean about how old television is, forget I ever mentioned the whole tv thing.

You could set up a low power pirate TV station for a few hundred dollars that will be good for a mile or so, with a little more money and the right location you could cover 20 to 40 miles.

Ya I'm sure the FCC would love that idea...

Come to think of it they didn't like my 5 mile uncensored radio station either. rofl (im serious!)

Yep, quoting myself.

The F.C.C. did not chatch me, I took it down after a week worried that I might get caught

What people seem to be ignoring is that there's no reason to do both, and simply have IPTV take the lead.

Release to teh interwebs on the 5th, and have a deal with some TV station to air the latest show every second monday of the week (say). For the TV network this should be well worth the effort as they basically get an a ad vehicle for comparatively next to nothing.

Some of those networks give the distinct impression that they're interrupting the ads for some shitty program. Now they won't even need to make the program themselves. All they need to do is edit for content and/or length. What's not to like for them?