Looking for help

ae3erdion

https://forums.hak5.org/topic/913-hacking-where-to-begin/

A quick search and your answers are found.

I mean this  with no malice, but  learn to use a search function, as it is really useful.

1 hour ago, Rkiver said:

https://forums.hak5.org/topic/913-hacking-where-to-begin/

A quick search and your answers are found.

I mean this  with no malice, but  learn to use a search function, as it is really useful.

I seen it and used it in the past. I'm more of the active learner, and I like to learn by doing or watching somebody else do it. That is why I would prefer a person that can guide me. 

On 5/30/2019 at 2:12 PM, ae3erdion said:

I seen it and used it in the past. I'm more of the active learner, and I like to learn by doing or watching somebody else do it. That is why I would prefer a person that can guide me. 

Everyone loves a mentor, but 99% of hacking, is trying something, failing, and then trying again.  Best hands-on is by doing. Watching someone do it, still requires the muscle memory, and that only comes from repeatedly doing it over and over.

Head over to Vulnhub, download a free VM and then follow the guides that come with them, even if they don't make sense at first. Once you have done a few of them, try one without using a guide and only go on your instinct and ability to recon and assess the objective.

The link above that Rkiver gave will also help get you pointed to some fundamentals more specific to a category you may have interest in, such as programming in C, other languages, or various other topics related to the field. Can't run before you walk. Having an understanding of networking alone will be a huge help, so basics like Network+, can help understand the "why" behind how something works, not just the "what did he type next when I get here?"

15 hours ago, digip said:

Everyone loves a mentor, but 99% of hacking, is trying something, failing, and then trying again.  Best hands-on is by doing. Watching someone do it, still requires the muscle memory, and that only comes from repeatedly doing it over and over.

Head over to Vulnhub, download a free VM and then follow the guides that come with them, even if they don't make sense at first. Once you have done a few of them, try one without using a guide and only go on your instinct and ability to recon and assess the objective.

The link above that Rkiver gave will also help get you pointed to some fundamentals more specific to a category you may have interest in, such as programming in C, other languages, or various other topics related to the field. Can't run before you walk. Having an understanding of networking alone will be a huge help, so basics like Network+, can help understand the "why" behind how something works, not just the "what did he type next when I get here?"

Thank you

• 1 month later...