Tetra USB Storage for Module Installation

How do you get modules loaded to external storage on a WIFI Tetra as you can do on a WIFI Nano?

To add some further context to my questions around how do I get the storage working.  So, my need isn't so much for space as much as it is for the portability.  On my WIFI Pineapple Nano, I have in it a MicroSD.  There I have loaded my modules.  Anytime I need to upgrade the firmware, like from 2.0 to 2.5.4, the process flashes the image in that ends up wiping out any modules loaded on the device.  With them being on the MicroSD, I do not have to download again all my modules with any that have dependencies.  Re-downloading is just time-consuming.  The WIFI Pineapple Tetra does not have a MicroSD slot, but instead has a USB slot.  My goal was to use that USB slot to load the modules into so that I do not have to download and reconfigure modules when I flash the firmware.  The size doesn't matter, I just used a drive I had that was small enough physically to do what I needed, just happened to be a 64GB drive.  The concept is what I am trying to get working.

I did try something else by renaming the mount point to be like in the Nano and so I have it look like below.  The screen did flash momentarily to ask about internal or external storage but I couldn't select an option.  So still trying to find out how to do this configuration.

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                    1.8G      1.9M      1.8G   0% /
/dev/root                12.5M     12.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    61.4M    128.0K     61.3M   0% /tmp
/dev/ubi0_1               1.8G      1.9M      1.8G   0% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay        1.8G      1.9M      1.8G   0% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/sda                 56.8G     51.8M     53.9G   0% /sd

So is there some sort of config parameter or location that the OS is expecting the external storage to be in order to get that capability?

TIA

Michael Krogstad

• 2 months later...

Archived