Wifi Pineapple Initial Setup Problems

chris9988

Hello,

I received my Wifi Pineapple Tetra almost a month ago and have yet to get it setup. I tried the initial setup (loading the 2.5.4 firmware). It would say the file is uploaded correctly and installing, but go right back to the "Upload File" screen. I waited close to 30 minutes and still nothing happened, so I unplugged and restarted the device, only to be greeted again with the install screen. I tried re-installing a few more times, but the same thing continued to happen.

I then tried the firmware recovery, completed those steps, waited close to an hour after uploading the file with the yellow light staying on and nothing happened. So again, I unplugged the device and restarted it. Now, the yellow light is on, I cannot ping it at 192.168.1.1 over the USB ethernet, and I cannot SSH into it (obviously since I can't even ping it). The light has been on close to an hour again and nothing has changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am at a loss as to where to go from here.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

Please ensure that you're uploading the correct file - It sounds like you're uploading a NANO image instead of a TETRA image. You should be able to follow the Firmware Recovery steps to fix the issue you're having.

Archived