nano working, but nothing can connect

VapinPagan

I have my nano up and running, I get internet on the host computer, I see the APs in wifi from my cell phone, I can get the news and all from PineAP on the dashboard. However, when I try to connect with my cell phone via wifi to the nano it will not allow me to connect....which is exactly the opposite of what I need a pineapple to do. Any idea why my pineapple is refusing connections?

When I click on filters, there is nothing setup. In the original setup I checked allow for clients, deny for SSIDs. Is there anything else I can provide to help figure out my issue? Or a screenshot of something? Please just let me know, I really appreciate the assistance.

13 hours ago, VapinPagan said:

Please just let me know, I really appreciate the assistance.

The problem IS your filters, your homework is to figure out what and why. 

Watch this from start to end -                                                                                                                                                                                                :) 11:05

@Just_A_User - no thanks the video was pretty useless but I do appreciate the help. It just walks one through all the steps I do anyway, didn't teach me anything new.

@Foxtrot - Soon as you said filters I checked and yes that fixed the issue within 5 minutes of you posting. I wanted to tell you then but the board would not let me post again...something about already 5 posts for the day or something.

20 minutes ago, VapinPagan said:

It just walks one through all the steps I do anyway, didn't teach me anything new.

At the time I suggested it talks you through setting up filters correctly. Hopefully setting your filters correctly solved your problem :)

@Just_a_User - sorry if my reply sounded arrogant, didn't mean it that way. I did watch it but saw nothing useful. However, I will check it again. I was basically denying everyone with my filters, so fixed that issue right up. Now I am fighting the "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection." error that only happens on my Dell, with the exact same setup and OS as this laptop. I started a new forum question for that if you would like to try and help point me in the right direction on that issue please by all means... 😃

and now the connection script gives me this...

y: Unknown host
ifconfig: `--help' gives usage information.
Detecting WiFi Pineapple...ping: y: Name or service not known
....found.

_ .           ___          \||/
       (  _ )_  <-->  [___]  <-->  ,<><>,
     (_  _(_ ,)       \___\        '<><>'
y: Unknown host
ifconfig: `--help' gives usage information.
iptables v1.8.2 (nf_tables):  CHAIN_USER_DEL failed (Device or resource busy): chain DOCKER
iptables v1.8.2 (nf_tables): host/network `y' not found
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

Browse to http://y:1471
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I get a faulty pineapple nano here?

Archived