New Nano useless!!!!

VapinPagan

Followed instructions, everything was working just fine. I begin installing modules and it suddenly stops connecting. I cannot get to the web interface at all!

I looked all through everything, the help and instructions seem to be a mix of various pineapples and do NOT help much at all.

Factory Reset tells me:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, follow these steps to access the recovery web interface and update the firmware.

• Unplug the WiFi Pineapple completely from all power sources.
  • Begin holding the RESET button on the device.
  • With the RESET button held, power on the device.
  • Continue holding the RESET button for 10 seconds, then release.
    • NANO: The blue LED will remain solid
    • TETRA: The yellow LED will remain solid
  • Connect the host PC to the WiFi Pineapple via the USB Ethernet Port
    • NANO: The male USB A plug
    • TETRA: The Micro USB port labeled ETH

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a nano, what do you mean power on the device? Plug it back in? USB powered only!!!

Connect to host pc via USB ethernet port? HUH? The Y cable?

No instructions ANYWHERE tell me what the USB connector on the other end is for..

I paid over $100 for this...not very happy so far and just got it yesterday.

2 hours ago, VapinPagan said:

I have a nano, what do you mean power on the device? Plug it back in? USB powered only!!!

You power it on by plugging it in to a USB port. If you are doing a firmware recovery then plug it into your PC/laptop that is going to upload the firmware file while holding down the reset button.

2 hours ago, VapinPagan said:

Connect to host pc via USB ethernet port? HUH? The Y cable?

The male USB on the nano that connects to the PC/laptop is a "USB Ethernet" device - this means although it's a USB it will create an Ethernet connection to your host device. The included Y cable is just that, 2x in 1x out. This is used to make sure the nano has enough power by using 2x USB ports to power it. its sometimes the case that 1x usn port cannot power the nano reliably depending on your machine.

3 hours ago, VapinPagan said:

No instructions ANYWHERE tell me what the USB connector on the other end is for.

You can use it for plugging in other devices, e.g. another wifi adapter, a gps, a RTL-SDR, USB storage, mobile phone, 3g/4g modem etc.

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you figure it all out and start enjoying your purchase. It is a steep learning curve for someone who has never used a pineapple before but once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived