Metasploit/ms08_067_netapi/failed to bind

cybergray

I am trying to get more proficient with Metasploit. I have encountered an issue that has made me crazy the last few days. Using ms08_067_netapi in any manner I am getting:

Handler failed to bind to xx.xxx.xx.x:4444:-  -
[*] Started reverse TCP handler on 0.0.0.0:4444
[-] xx.xxx.xx.x:445 - Exploit failed [unreachable]: Rex::ConnectionTimeout The connection timed out (xx.xxx.xx.x:445).
[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.

I have found so much about this error but not the first full clear resolution. I have done so many things but so far I have been nulled. Any ideas or suggestions?

Intel Xeon 8180 Octacosa-core
Intel LGA 3647 Board
Running 8 15TB Utrastar Drives
Windows 10 Host/w Kali

It is exactly as the error message says, it can't reach the port xx.xxx.xx.x:445.

Assuming you are attacking your own machines, are you running one the has SMB enabled and if accessible from where you are?

I am at home where I work from a lot. But going after a test machine we set up on location with Windows xp and no firewall or anti-virus protection enabled. It's just a sitting duck. I have gotten this error on a continuous basis without using a test machine while others at work have gone behind me and gotten different results. Kinda making me look bad. I need to get it fixed. I have resorted to disabling all security on my machine while doing this to no avail. I don't think my router would interfere with this. So I am reaching out for help.