Specific File Exfiltration

M4D4X3

Hi guys, very new to this, i have a very specific file I am looking for.

I used to work for a company where one of my projects was developing a new design spreadsheet for design calculations of our core product range. I ran a team of engineers amd we came up with a template which was totally awesome. Then IT got involved and locked it down so only two people had access and I wasn’t one of them (was considered a need-to-know basis). Then I left the company, and a few years later decided to start my own.

I’m looking for a way to obtain a copy of that spreadsheet and the username/password for it. I have physical access (after hours) to one of the users machines via an insider, but thats about it. I can’t remember what the file is called and don’t know where it’s currently stored on the network.

What would be the best way to achieve such a task? It would tale me thousands of hours to rewrite the whole thing, researching papers, books, the whole thing. 

Depending on your contract with them, you may have no legal rights to what you created while working for them.

Unless you have specific permission to come in after hours (which reading your post shows you do not), what you are proposing is illegal.

We will not assist here.

• Upvote 1