Firmware 2.5.0/2.5.1/2.5.2 Probe Requests

damen

Hello

I noticed after upgrading to either of these firmware versions I am not getting the same probe requests as before (devices or probe requests count). What I did to trouble shoot was do a firmware recovery, enabled pineap and it was working fine. I have tried all 3 versions of the newest firmware and I am not getting any probe requests at all. I have set the filters to both disable and enabled all pineap settings. I did notice this error in the system log: 

Sat Mar 30 19:58:52 2019 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (3000): Failed to connect to hostapd - wpa_ctrl_open: No such file or directory
Thu Mar 28 14:56:07 2019 user.emerg syslog: [!! 28-03-2019 20:56:07] [INTERFACE] Failed to create capture handle for wlan1mon: wlan1mon: No such device exists (SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device)

Any ideas on what this is or what I could try to fix the issue im having?

debug.log

Not saying this will fix the issue but I had an issue with recon back on 2.4.2.  I had to do a firmware recover and recovery and then straight from there updated to the newer version after initial setup.  May have to try that.  I don't know if I updated my Nano yet.  Been busy.  Will have to take a look this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, Just received my brand new nano from amazon uk yesterday 17/4/19 . Followed Darren's guide and I also have the same issue with the probes' No Probes found. Is probe logging enabled?'  Firmware is version 2.52.  Have I bought a brick

Cheers Kev

58 minutes ago, kevtheskin said:

Hello there, Just received my brand new nano from amazon uk yesterday 17/4/19 . Followed Darren's guide and I also have the same issue with the probes' No Probes found. Is probe logging enabled?'  Firmware is version 2.52.  Have I bought a brick

Cheers Kev

no Kev, You don't have a brick! You are just running into the issue the rest of us are. @Foxtrot is working on an update as we speak I believe. I'm also eager to have this functionality returned. Oddly enough, I noticed yesterday while doing some testing that "unassociated" clients at the bottom of the recon list DID have probes. Just nothing connected to an AP in the recon list had probes. ODD

Just a suggestion, but might not be a bad idea to have builds designated. Such as Weeklies or Nightlies. Including a Release Candidate release would be great for people just getting the product to have 'off the shelf' functionality. 

Archived