[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.5.x

Foxtrot

At the Dashboard notifications I used to get: <MAC_ADDRESS> has connected to <SSID>.

Now I only get <MAC_ADDRESS> has connected.

Another problem seems to be the SSIDS added to pool per session: Now the counter doesn't go to 0 on reboot.. It says <number_of_total_ssids_in_pool> SSIDS added this session.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:54 PM, hakyhaky said:

Another problem seems to be the SSIDS added to pool per session: Now the counter doesn't go to 0 on reboot.. It says <number_of_total_ssids_in_pool> SSIDS added this session.

Ah, it's not just me, then.

I can't tell if the counter is wrong, or more likely, the pool is just Not Displayed.  Specifically if you come back to that page and Download the pool, the file does have the SSID content.

However, none are shown in the Pool.  If I Clear the SSID Pool, then they start arriving and displaying again (while PineAP is monitoring).

I think this more of a Web display problem than a counter problem, since you can indeed export them.  Does yours do the same?

On 4/30/2019 at 4:52 AM, AmbientTech said:

Ah, it's not just me, then.

I can't tell if the counter is wrong, or more likely, the pool is just Not Displayed.  Specifically if you come back to that page and Download the pool, the file does have the SSID content.

However, none are shown in the Pool.  If I Clear the SSID Pool, then they start arriving and displaying again (while PineAP is monitoring).

I think this more of a Web display problem than a counter problem, since you can indeed export them.  Does yours do the same?

I was having the same issue. After a reboot I did see new ssid's comming in but after a while they dissapeared again. I downloaded /etc/pineapple/pineapple.db to my computer and opend the file with a sqlite editor. In the table ssids I found a couple of corrupted entries that I removed. I also had a strange entrie in my notifications table that I removed.

After that I uploaded the db file to the pineapple in the /root folder and copied it to /etc/pinapple/pineapple.db

After a reboot al ssid's where visable again.

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 7:59 PM, Foxtrot said:

Hi everyone,

We just released firmware version 2.5.x for the WiFi Pineapple, vastly improving the PineAP engine. Expect greater results on your next wireless engagement with this release.

Changelog 2.5.4:

• Recon
    • Fixed an issue where scan times would be invalid in non-Chromium web browsers.

Changelog 2.5.3:

• Clients
    • Fixed an issue where SSIDs would not populate.
  • Filters
    • Add detailed Filters information.
  • Setup
    • Choosing the Filter modes is now required upon Setup.
  • Recon
    • Fixed an issue where, in some cases, probes would not be shown in the Recon dialog.
    • Fixed an issue where some probes were not logged during a Recon scan.
    • Fixed an issue where, in some cases, handshakes would not be captured.
    • Fixed an issue where captured handshakes could not be downloaded if the capture had stopped.
    • Fixed an issue where, in some cases, captured handshakes would have invalid frame lengths.
    • Previous scan dates are now translated to the browsers local time.
    • Fixed a rare issue where Live Scan results would not populate in the Web UI.
  • PineAP
    • Fixed an issue where downloading captured handshakes would not work.

Changelog 2.5.2:

• Recon
    • Fixed an issue where invalid results with BSSID 00:00:00:00:00:00 would be collected.
    • Fixed an issue where changing the band to scan would not update until PineAP was restarted.
    • Fixed a firewall issue preventing Live recon results to populate in the Web UI.

Changelog 2.5.1:

• Misc
    • Fix an issue where "Unsupported Device" would incorrectly show.

Changelog 2.5.0:

• Hak5 Cloud C2
    • Client Update
  • PineAP
    • Rewrite of PineAP, featuring a multitude of improvements and reliability fixes.
  • Recon
    • Improved reliability of scanning.
    • Add throbber for deauth button.
    • Automatically start scan after enabling PineAP.
    • Remove misleading information message when the user started their first scan.
    • Fixed a rare issue where multiple live Recon processes would start.
  • Misc
    • Reduce amount of Web UI HTTP requests.
    • Fix missing paths on the WiFi Pineapple NANO.

Download: Over the air via your WiFi Pineapples webinterface, or at https://downloads.hak5.org.

- The Hak5 Development Team

Hi Foxtrot,

Great update, but my Pine Nan runs insanely hot🔥🔥🔥. I followed the correct setups as posted by Hak5, but it still runs hot. Should I run it off a brick instead of my computer? 

The issues are present whether I use the 'Y' cable or plug it straight into the USB slot on the computer (Windows 10 Pro). 

Any guidance appreciated 🙏

Cheers 😎

5 minutes ago, INFOTRACE said:

Great update, but my Pine Nan runs insanely hot🔥🔥🔥. I followed the correct setups as posted by Hak5, but it still runs hot.

This is for the tetra not the Nano.. 

1 minute ago, Jtyle6 said:

This is for the tetra not the Nano.. 

Good morning Jtyle6,

Thank you for your message 😆. It is too early, I had a late night, I haven't had the chance of a coffee yet, so please forgive me.........I forgot to sync my brain and fingers 😃

Cheers😎

Archived