7th Generation?

TheChosenOneNZ

On 3/19/2019 at 8:24 AM, TheChosenOneNZ said:

Given that 6th generation was released a few years ago, does anyone know if 7th gen is in plans to be released soon?

Hopefully!

Wishful thinking; Nano roughly the same size - possibly with a rechargeable battery built in. USB-C (of course), + 5Ghz. a bit more ram 

anyone else?

On 3/20/2019 at 1:24 PM, UnLo said:

Hopefully!

Wishful thinking; Nano roughly the same size - possibly with a rechargeable battery built in. USB-C (of course), + 5Ghz. a bit more ram 

anyone else?

I don’t like the idea of a rechargeable battery built in. Built in lithium ion batteries ultimately makes the product disposable.

If and when new hardware comes out, if the nano stays the same size I can only see slight upgrades like usb-c and a better way to deal with storage then an sd card.  as small as it is im guessing its going to be hard to upgrade or make much smaller.  The Tetra on the other hand will hopefully get a usb-c and maybe additional bands or generations ( however you want to name it). storage and ram upgrade maybe, but its pushing some pretty awesome radios right now that seem to still be top of it class for 5ghz.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 7:32 AM, Forkish said:

I don’t like the idea of a rechargeable battery built in. Built in lithium ion batteries ultimately makes the product disposable.

Sorry should have read "removable internal battery" 

Thinking about this more I was actually wondering how hard it would be to build a Pineapple Smartphone.

Essentially everything we've come to depend on in a smartphone;

always on cellular connection;

HD display

Responsive UI

If I could design a 3D printed case that would allow me to "disconnect" the pineapple from the phone and leave the configured device on site. . . 

Archived