Recon Scans not showing Clients

360mtucker

I have set up my Tetra for practice and I am using my own network to try to practice some mitm techniques.  I am unable to see any clients when I do the Recon scan, I see plenty of networks, but my network doesn't have any of the clients.  I am using about 5 laptops, 3 Cell Phones, a couple of Fire Sticks, and a couple of other wireless devices.  I want to be able to add these clients to a filter so I can practice getting in between them and deauth-ing.  Any help would be appreciated, and if you would like specific screenshots let me know.  

Thanks!

Michael

On 3/17/2019 at 5:12 AM, 360mtucker said:

I am using about 5 laptops, 3 Cell Phones, a couple of Fire Sticks, and a couple of other wireless devices.

And none show up attached to your network? Does your network itself show up? How long are your scans that you are running? While scanning are you using each device to help visibility? don't forget the recon is channel hopping so a longer scan and network activity helps.

Hi Just_a_User,

I am scanning for about ten minutes each time.  I do see my devices as Unassociated Clients, but they are definitely on the network.  I am firing up each device and streaming youtube on them playing my favorite Hak5 vids when testing.  I am not sure why they aren't showing up.  I have also created an AP with passthrough to test the DWALL module, but I can't seem to navigate to any HTTP sites without getting an error.  I think this ISP related though.  On a side note, I am experimenting with an XT-20000QC2-A0 power supply for mobile use.  Any recommended tutorials for this device?  I see some tutorials start off nice, and then they end abruptly.  

Thanks!

4 hours ago, 360mtucker said:

I am scanning for about ten minutes each time.  I do see my devices as Unassociated Clients, but they are definitely on the network.  I am firing up each device and streaming youtube on them playing my favorite Hak5 vids when testing.  I am not sure why they aren't showing up. 

If I were you I would do a firmware recovery, not a factory reset but a firmware recovery. If the issue still persists after that I would be surprised. Interesting issue though.

I have also created an AP with passthrough to test the DWALL module, but I can't seem to navigate to any HTTP sites without getting an error.  I think this ISP related though. 

Yeah, you should be able to skip the Pineapple and try http sites to see if you get the same issue.

I am experimenting with an XT-20000QC2-A0 power supply for mobile use. 

Looking at the specs only using the 12V connector will safely give enough power for the tetra under full load. I used to have a very similar battery.

Any recommended tutorials for this device?  I see some tutorials start off nice, and then they end abruptly. 

I would work your way through the docs and youtube vids. Also, stop by the discord server and ask away. Lots of good people willing to point you in right directions, not always instant answers, but they get back to you when they can.

Most important, have fun 🙂

Archived