TETRA Cannot connect to 172.16.42.1:1471 even after firmware reset

The_Fox

I had successfully managed to connect to my router via ethernet cable and access the portal. I could even download modules and see the bulletin, and clients could connect and browse the internet. Then I had to move my gear and set it back up. When I did so, I had to put my WiFi to share with the ethernet for the router as I did not need to share the connection anymore previously. Now with sharing on, I cannot connect via the IP. there is also no choice to join via management WPA2 as the router was reset, however the default open AP shows. The router successfully boots up every time it is unplugged. Blue and orange lights show with both occasionally flickering. Access via SSH is not possible as I cannot reach its option through the interface.

The router is connected as followed:

1. An ethernet CAT5E cable - Laptop > Router.

2. USB 3.0 HUB is connected to the Laptop.

3. The Y end of the USB Y cable has both of its USB heads inserted into the USB 3.0 HUB connected to the laptop.

4. Micro USB end of the Y cable is connected to ETH1 micro USB port on the back of the Router.

5. The US wall plug is connected to the wall via extension lead and adapter for the UK.

6. The other end of the power cable is plugged into the back of the router and turned on.

7. All drivers on the laptop are up to date. All 4 antennae are connected.

I Just use the Y-Cable with the tetra. And it works for me.

You only need to plug it into power when you're throwing a heavy load at it.

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471754-Power-Considerations

WiFi Pineapple TETRA
The WiFi Pineapple TETRA requires 24W for normal stable operation. While the device may function under minimal load with less power, system instability will occur during peak load.

Power may be provided to the device by any combination of USB UART, USB ETH, or 12V DC ports. The 12V DC port accepts a standard IEC 60130-10:1971 type A connector with 5.5 mm OD, 2.1 mm ID (center positive).

The UART and ETH ports on the WiFi Pineapple TETRA will accept power from combined USB sources, such as from computers, wall adapters or batteries via USB Y cables. There is no risk of providing too much power from standard 5 volt USB sources as the WiFi Pineapple TETRA will only draw as much amperage as needed.

Most modern computers are capable of providing the necessary amperage from their USB ports to power the WiFi Pineapple TETRA using two USB Y cables. Older computers and many netbooks however may not provide enough continuous current for stable operation.

When calculating total power in wattage, multiply the voltage and amperage. USB sources are always 5V and may vary in amperage depending on configuration. Many older USB 2.0 ports are limited to the 500mA specification while newer USB 3.0 ports can deliver 900mA and above. Typically notebook computers with USB charge ports (indicated in yellow, red or by lightning icon) will provide even higher amperage.

Archived