root@Pineapple:~# ifconfig -a|grep wlan
wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:C0:CA:8D:71:9D  
wlan0-1   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 02:C0:CA:8D:71:9D  
root@Pineapple:~#

root@Pineapple:~# iw list|grep phy
Wiphy phy0

2. Nano can't use usb-in & SD-Reader:

Dmesg before & after plug-in sd-card(any) and external usb wifi (rt5370) outout that:

root@Pineapple:~# dmesg|tail
[   28.280000] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered forwarding state
[   28.340000] device wlan0-1 entered promiscuous mode
[   28.360000] br-lan: port 3(wlan0-1) entered forwarding state
[   28.360000] br-lan: port 3(wlan0-1) entered forwarding state
[   29.310000] br-lan: port 3(wlan0-1) entered disabled state
[   30.280000] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered forwarding state
[   31.510000] br-lan: port 3(wlan0-1) entered forwarding state
[   31.510000] br-lan: port 3(wlan0-1) entered forwarding state
[   33.510000] br-lan: port 3(wlan0-1) entered forwarding state
[   44.180000] random: nonblocking pool is initialized

root@Pineapple:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

The problems started with the first launch.

I tried to fix the bug:

- Installed latest FW (2.4.3)

- Installed 2.0.2

- Installed 2.3.2

- installed factory FW

but nothing helped =(

A few days ago I wrote in support, but they never answered me.

Does anyone know how I can fix my nano?

18 hours ago, Mut4b0r said:

Wait for the the support team to get to you, After we spoke on IRC and went rhough the firmware recovery it seems like it may be a hardware issue. im sure @Foxtrot will be with you soon enough.

9 hours ago, Just_a_User said:
On 3/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, Mut4b0r said:

Wait for the the support team to get to you, After we spoke on IRC and went rhough the firmware recovery it seems like it may be a hardware issue. im sure @Foxtrot will be with you soon enough

Ok. May be you know, how many time need support to reply? 

I just started using the Nano yesterday, and the problem I had with an SD card plugged in right after purchase was that the card was formatted with some filesystem presumably intended to be used by a camera. Using fdisk to re-partition the card and then create an ext4 filesystem on the card did the trick, so you might want to try that. On my system the card appeared as /dev/sda so what I did, in a nutshell, was run 'fdisk /dev/sda' then view the partition table (p), delete the partition that was there (d), then create a new partition that takes up the full card (n p 1 <default>), then writ the changes to the card (w), then quit (q). Finally to format the newly-created partition with an ext4 filesystem 'mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1'.

The other tricky thing is that, in order to get the Nano software to use the partition, I had to edit /etc/config/fstab and change '/dev/sdcard/sd1' to '/dev/sda1'. After that the card became visible, I could install modules, etc.

I'm not sure about the absence of wlan1. On my Nano it was there (as wlan1mon) from the start. I am curious that you're seeing firmware version 2.4.3. From what I can tell, the latest firmware version is 2.4.2 (https://www.wifipineapple.com/downloads). Maybe 2.4.3 is an unstable development version? I'm just guessing about that, though. I do find that the Nano is unforgiving and does not provide useful diagnostics when there are problems, so you can spend a day going round and round when a simple error message would have pointed you in the right direction. It could use some work. But when things are configured properly, it seems good.

4 hours ago, Danta said:

The other tricky thing is that, in order to get the Nano software to use the partition

On the advanced tab of the pineapple UI you can use the drop down of the USB window to format the sd card correctly and automagically.

Archived