Installing OpenWrt 18.06.1 Easytether On Wifi Pineapple Nano

dultani

I am currently trying to install OpenWrt Easytether firmware on my NANO in order to use it as a wifi AP connecting to my extra smart phone. 

I have already used wget and uploaded the zip file onto my sd card -> root@Pine:/sd# 

wget http://www.mobile-stream.com/beta/openwrt/easytether-usb-openssl_0.8.9-2_openwrt-18.06.0.zip

I then used unzip to unzip the file which worked fine

unzip easytether-usb-openssl_0.8.9-3_lede-17.01.6.zip

Now I navigate to the ar71x generic folder to get to the ipk file -> easytether-usb-openssl_0.8.9-3_mips_24kc.ipk

cd 18.06.1/ar71xx/generic/

First I run update

opkg update

Then I attempt to run opkg install

opkg install easytether-usb-openssl_0.8.9-2_mips_24kc.ipk

But I continue to get an error message

Unknown package 'easytether-usb-openssl'.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for easytether-usb-openssl found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package easytether-usb-openssl.

If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated! :)

- BV

• 1 month later...

The Pineapples are running a custom version of OpenWRT 15. 05 (Chaos Calmer). 

That IPK you're trying to install is compiled for 18.06.1, probably with musl support. 

You could try to force install the the package, by adding "--nodeps" to the install command, but I can't guarantee that the installed binaries will run properly wihout being compiled for OpenWRT 15.05. 

• 4 weeks later...

The easy tether driver 15.05.1 will work I installed it on my nano.  The problem I had was I couldn't figure out what to map the tap-easytether interface to. I got it working on my regular pineapple but the interfaces are a little different on the nano.

Archived