NANO WILL NOT CONNECT TO INTERNET - ON WINDOWS 10 MACHINE

Linux Student

I have tried everything I could think of, and everything I have seen on this forum.  All to no avail.  The Pineapple Nano seems to work 'maybe' one day then it's down for a week.  Frustrating, is an understatement.  

A.   I've reset the device to original config several times.

B.   I've checked the IP and flushed the DNS several times, and then it works until I restart the computer.

C.  I don't have a strong background in Linux so I could really use some help here.

Until then...

11 hours ago, Linux Student said:

I don't have a strong background in Linux so I could really use some help here.

Have you tried using a Linux OS? Most of the internet connection issues I see on the forums are Windows "issues" like changing network settings on you. Not that its impossible but you need to watch them.

The pineapple connects using a USB Ethernet interface, so as long as that interface comes up on the windows box any guide for setting up internet connection sharing for windows 10 should point you in right direction.

1 hour ago, Linux Student said:

I really want to use a Linux OS, but, right now I only have a Dell computer.  I don't know how to fully switch the OS from Windows to Linux.  I'm over the issues and viruses with the Windows box, but, not sure yet how to remove the old OS and begin new with Linux...

There are a lot of Linux distributions that have plenty of hardware support built in meaning they will almost install on anything. Maybe check out Mint or Ubuntu as a starting point but there are many more. 

You often have the option of installing the OS to hard disk or running it live (in RAM) from a USB or CD/DVD. We leave dual booting out for now as its maybe to much at this stage.

2 hours ago, Bigbiz said:

Set internet share in adapter of (ethernet or wifi) of windows ?

I may be wrong - but, i have a hunch this could be the same guy, similar problem, similar post time (after hitting 5 post limit), both new accounts and both having issues getting ICS to work on windows 10. And getting the pineapple internet via client mode.

@Linux Student @ThiccNUT @cwg1231 are you all the same person?

You all seem to have similar issues,  product etc. If it is all you It would probably be best to use one account so people that want to help you can do so efficiently and effectively. Also, it helps to not clutter up the forums with many similar threads which can make finding information in the future harder.

6 hours ago, Linux Student said:

It seems like Windows is the issue, as you mentioned earlier.

Windows has been moving towards being more user friendly. But that's bit off topic.

One annoying things is networking. 

This is the same issue I'm having I cannot get it connected via ics on my windows 10 box, I have tried most solutions on the forum but it still won't work. 

Not sure what else I can try, I even disabled my AV still nothing.

9 minutes ago, WPA2 said:

This is the same issue I'm having I cannot get it connected via ics on my windows 10 box, I have tried most solutions on the forum but it still won't work.  

Try this https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010555473-Internet-connection-sharing-over-Ethernet-in-Windows

Archived