Hi All,

Just a quick question regarding the WiFi pineapple NANO,

I was going to test client mode on the pineapple but when inserting the usb WiFi adapter that comes with the pineapple it turns out it doesn’t work, it’s not to much of an issue I used another WiFi adapter whiched worked, are there drivers I need to install to get the WiFi adapter that Hak5 supplied working with the pineapple.

Hi Both thanks for your response, i am currently at work so i will look into this when im home, to answer the questions in the above replys, yes the wifi adapter works in another machine tested on a kali laptop and a windows desktop, to answer what wifi adapter it is, its the USB wifi adapter that comes with the raspberry pi and hak5 claims it works with it out of the box, (RT5370 mini USB WiFi adapter)

i hope this helps clear up the situation a little bit has anyone else had any problems with regards to the wifi adapter that comes with the pineapple.

• 3 months later...
Hey, so I am having a similar issue. I have an Alfa USB card that works fine, however, 
I cannot get the RT5370 that was supplied with my pineapple from Hak5 to work at all. 
My dmesg shows the following when I connect the adapter.....

[  145.050000] usb 1-1.3: new low-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-platform
[  145.130000] usb 1-1.3: device descriptor read/64, error -32
[  145.320000] usb 1-1.3: device descriptor read/64, error -32
[  145.510000] usb 1-1.3: new low-speed USB device number 6 using ehci-platform
[  145.590000] usb 1-1.3: device descriptor read/64, error -32
[  145.810000] usb 1-1.3: device descriptor read/64, error -32
[  146.010000] usb 1-1.3: new low-speed USB device number 7 using ehci-platform
[  146.430000] usb 1-1.3: device not accepting address 7, error -32
[  146.550000] usb 1-1.3: new low-speed USB device number 8 using ehci-platform
[  146.970000] usb 1-1.3: device not accepting address 8, error -32
[  146.970000] usb 1-1-port3: unable to enumerate USB device

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been having an issue with my Nano since day 1. I currently upgraded to the latest version of firmware (5.4 or whatever). I have a number of Realtek RTL8188CU wifi adapters that have worked flawlessly with all version of Raspberry Pi but when used as wlan2 on my Nano, I can scan and find my wifi network but when I try to connect to it, it fails and does not give me any information why it failed. It is almost like it is trying to use the wrong auth or something. I have other wifi dongles (both Linksys) that the Nano won't even recognize and I understand that. But I have tried connecting this Realtek over and over ad-nauseum and like I said it finds the networks but it just won't connect. I made sure I am using an adequate power supply (5v at 4 amps capacity) but no luck. It looks and smells and quacks like a duck bug.

Thanks,

Bob

• 1 year later...

That sounds odd, I'm writing this connected to my Nano that is connected to an AP using an RT5370 USB NIC (as wlan2). What Nano firmware are you on? Shouldn't matter really, but it's a good thing to at least be running the latest fw. What VID/PID does that 5370 NIC identify itself with?

• 11 months later...

Hi, im having trouble with my wifi pineapple mark VII i have a wireless adapter connected to the device and its Atheros AR9271 and its not reading that i have it plugged in, also it keeps saying my wifi pineapple isnt getting internet and keeps showing the 3 options but when i put it in client mode it goes back and forth between having internet and not. plz help

Archived