did ILYA get powened?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • fuck yeh
    • POWNNNNAGE
    • who, what, where? *crawls out form under rock*

the email was nothing, it wasn't even a real message, just filled with this

It looks like it was actually sent from Darren's own account (i'm guessing his domain email) to his gmail.

It's too bad tho, i was really hoping they'd make up something funny for the email text. meh...probably expecting too much.

8.5 was good tho, I liked it.

Yes, I can confirm that Alli and Evil Server are still dating. It's sad really, she doesn't seem to understand that he's out to get us. I have to be careful what I say though. I know he's watching my packets.

As for ep8.5, the name was Iyla, not Ilya. Consider it an easter egg and not a bash on the kid. I hope he gets a kick out of it anyway.

I dont know who you are trying to kid... Good job at making an attack toward Ilya. Im not condoning his asshole behavor and CONSTANT bitching, but one of you should grow up and be a mature adult. The fact that you spent the time to record, edit, render, recompress, and upload the video as ep 8.5 just shows us who the bigger man is. If you have a problem with someone, then keep it personal. Videos like this make your shrinking fan base even smaller. You really could have done something better with your time. Is this just a sign of what will be done when you have a disagreement? Using whatever public services to flame someone? Really dissappointing.

You dont have to worry about who understands the show or not. If someone doesnt get it, its THEIR problem, not yours. If they like it, they stay, if they dont, they move on to new things. Thats the mature thing to do. Apparently some of the people in channel (ILYA!!!) need to grow the fuck up, but that doesnt give anyone a right to insult them.

It was also a real shitbag thing to judge a show he hasnt even produced yet. If you thought you were being clever, think again. Im really dissappointed in this, really. First Jon and Wess left cause of bullshit drama like this, then episodes have been getting really bland and tasteless, and now this. Why dont Darren and Ilya just make a show together? That way it would be just like the screen savers with both kevins... two assholes insulting each other for an hour with clips of pointless shit in between.

The whole bit about respect in 8.5 was such hypocritical bullshit, it wasnt even funny. Dont talk about respect when your intro screen says "Your Show Sucks by Ilya". I guess this goes to show what kind of person Darren is like... an egotistical guy who needs to proove hes the better man. Noone cares about your uber editing skills, or your leet hax0ring. Thats not what makes someone a friend...

Dont take this as a personal attack or retrobution, right now i dont have any respect for either Ilya, or Hak.5. Fucked if I care where either of them are going at this point. Im not an enemy of either side, but seariousally, this was just complete bullshit darren... WTF? Both of you just grow up allready, and quit wasting out time.

It was tongue in cheek. there was no malice in 8.5. He made fun of the criticism, but also made fun of himself, blogging the cat and whatnot, the main message was "this is what the show's about, it's not hacker school".

If you were insulted you need thicker skin.

Learn to laugh at yourself...

Did you not read the posts? Your are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but spoof or not, get over it.

I didn't really get the whole point of 8.5 (even after watching PP ep10), but I watch with the concept of entertainment with a twist of educational interest.

Yes I undertand it was a spoof of the show, but I don't get the concept of PP either.

I guess I'm not a gamer, so I don't pay that close attention to those things.

that's my two cents anyway,

Manuel

Foxx wrote:

First Jon and Wess left cause of bullshit drama like this, then episodes have been getting really bland and tasteless, and now this.

Well.....did I miss the thread where Wes left the show? I was under the impression that Harrison and John left the show. I read both of their posts concerning their departure from the show. They both said their reasons for leaving were a difference in business decisions. I believe Harrison said that his coursework and job were taking over his free time as well. Neither one of them said there was drama involved and both say that they are still great friends with Wes and Darren.

So Ilya flames Darren and Wess and then Darren flames Ilya. You come along and flame them both and then claim you're a non-combatant in this. I'm sorry....is that righteous flamage you are smiting with? Or is it just self-righteous?

Foxx wrote:

I guess this goes to show what kind of person Darren is like... an egotistical guy who needs to proove hes the better man. Noone cares about your uber editing skills, or your leet hax0ring. Thats not what makes someone a friend...

Dont take this as a personal attack or retrobution, right now i dont have any respect for either Ilya, or Hak.5. Fucked if I care where either of them are going at this point.

Don't take this as a personal attack? Are you Ilya's dad or something?

Dudes, that show was done entirely in the name of the humor. I mean come on... the White 1337 Gangsta talk lmao.

Everyone was bitching about how the shows have been going down hill, mainly fueld by Ilya (this is self-evident.)

I don't see how this could be thrown so far out of context. The only interpretation that I can even see to be fathomable is that Darren was defending that fact that Hak.5 is done not to be some major professional show, but for shits and giggles, with some seriousness and learning to go along with it.

The only people who would even understand the pun of "lyla" would be those in the chat room, and maybe here on the forum. Those of us who are active in the chatroom understand Darren's rebuttal to "lyla", and those who aren't, understand my previous interpretation

As I have said before, 8.5 was not a flame on Ilya. The fact that the email on my screen says "your show sucks by lyla" is just an easter egg for the IRC guys that would get the joke. Nobody else will get it.

The concept for the episode was very simple. Jenn Cutter is visiting with Hak.5 and she had never seen Pure Pwnage before so we did a 10 episode marathon. She became an instant fan and I'm a huge fan of Kyle. I love his unique editing style and I thought it would be fun to experiment with it for kicks.

I've also got the problem that if I watch enough Pure Pwnage I kinda start talking like Jeremy. It's funny for the first few minutes, even Wess gets into it. You can ask Wess if it gets annoying after a while ;).

So Jenn and I are bored sitting around the studio before Wess and Alli get back from work and we figure, hey, lets shoot something in down-town colonial williamsburg in pure pwnage style. I bet Kyle would get a kick out of that.

Sweet, that will be a blast. Now we just need content. Ya know what, I think maybe I'll take this opportunity to clarify some of the feedback from ep8. There was a comment in particular that inspired the skit. I believe it was from Vako, that basically said "it didnt suck if your not looking at it as if it were hacker school" or something.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. Hope it clears things up. 8.5 is a sketch comedy thing with a lot of sarcasm, a lot of making fun of myself, and an easter egg with a character with a very similar name as ilya just for the hardcore fans in the irc. take it with a grain of salt and look out for a most awesome episode 9 on the 5th. i think even ilya will dig this next ep.