set password for open wifi

DARK PARK

Hello all , how i can set a password for  pineapple open wifi ?  some places they offer free wifi but you should ask about password i wana do evil twin and let the people connect to my evil AP , i cant see any option for that , can you help ?

i've the following scenario

Coffeeshop have wifi with WPA2 password , with 3 clients connected .

i want to create Fake AP looks exactly like the Coffeeshop WiFi with the same password and force the connected clients to connect to my WiFi  , so i try to use wifi pineapple nano and i change the AP name to Coffeeshop but the problem is Coffeeshop have a password and in Nano there is no option to set a password ,

I know i can deauth the clients in original access point but creating fake access point with password im not able to do.

thanks

Hi there,

WiFi Security you must know: WPS, WPA 2/3 protected, EAP, and Open. The "free" WiFi network you are talking about is password protected most likely using WPA2, which is not open network, however it is not free because normally customers of the venue will receive upon ordering something such as coffee, therefore you still pay to use their service unless somebody else does not share the secret key with you. Usually the waiter will share the password and the network name after your order.

Next is you can perform recon followed by re association attack to force clients connect to your network which you would of had previously crafted portal for. 

Before you craft a portal you need to plan what malicious activity you'd like to perform e.g identity theft, SSL stripping, sniffing traffic. Sit down and learn IEEE 802.11 standard and how wifi works, by that I mean you must know what is going on in the AIR from a wireless radio signal point of view. 

15 hours ago, KR1$71QN said:

Hi there,

WiFi Security you must know: WPS, WPA 2/3 protected, EAP, and Open. The "free" WiFi network you are talking about is password protected most likely using WPA2, which is not open network, however it is not free because normally customers of the venue will receive upon ordering something such as coffee, therefore you still pay to use their service unless somebody else does not share the secret key with you. Usually the waiter will share the password and the network name after your order.

Next is you can perform recon followed by re association attack to force clients connect to your network which you would of had previously crafted portal for. 

Before you craft a portal you need to plan what malicious activity you'd like to perform e.g identity theft, SSL stripping, sniffing traffic. Sit down and learn IEEE 802.11 standard and how wifi works, by that I mean you must know what is going on in the AIR from a wireless radio signal point of view. 

Thanks for your reply , if my question not clear , How i can set a password for Evil wifi ? as far as i know wifi Pi have two main wifi the first one for management and second for attacks , how i can set a password for attacks wifi with WPA2 ?

i want to create fake AP with password like the original .

As i understand from your reply

perform recon followed by re association attack to force clients connect to your network

I dont think the client will automatically reconnect to my network because real wifi have password and my without and the client will never auto connect to my AP.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:23 AM, DARK PARK said:

I updated the topic and added more description to be more clear

Im not sure if its still possible, but in the past i have used the managment network AP for that, I wasnt using it as i was sharing my laptops internet over USB eth so could still ssh in, use web UI and mitm traffic etc.

Also you can edit the /etc/config/wireless manually.

Archived