Aireplay-ng deauth not working

qqnz

I am trying to find the name of a hidden SSID. I am on the same channel (Channel 6). However for the same <length: 0> network there are many constantly changing MAC addresses, and running deauth command does not reveal ESSID. How to fix this?

You need to bruteforce the ssid name. As hiding the ssid is another layer of security.

Edited by Bigbiz

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 12:32 PM, qqnz said:

I am trying to find the name of a hidden SSID. I am on the same channel (Channel 6). However for the same <length: 0> network there are many constantly changing MAC addresses, and running deauth command does not reveal ESSID. How to fix this?

Have you tried looking through the capture file in wireshark? If there are many mac addresses on the network then you won't have to wait very long for one of the clients to reconnect. When that happens you will capture the SSID in the packets from the client because it will have to broadcast it when it attempts to join the network.