Metasploit on micro SD + Pineapple SSH

theUNK0WN

Is it possible to load msf on micro sd card and use it via ssh on pineapple?

I've done a little research and found a thread that didn't really help much:

I ended up formatting my sd card to exFAT since FAT32 doesn't allow executables. Then mounted the sd to my linux OS to curl the nightly installers, which downloaded the msfinstall executable. I mounted the sd card back onto the pineapple and tried running ./msfinstall and got these errors:

./msfinstall 
Updating package cache.../msfinstall: line 160: apt-get: not found
OK
Checking for and installing update..
./msfinstall: line 160: apt-get: not found

I ran opkg list-installed and apt-get isn't installed on the pineapple ........ Ooooh-Kaaaay ...... I tried installing it but got these errors:

opkg install apt-get
Unknown package 'apt-get'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package apt-get.

Right. So, I mounted my sd card back into my linux OS and cloned the git repository. It downloaded successfully and after running bundle install everything loaded just fine (or so I thought). Ran ./msfconsole and msf5 loaded but without postgresql connection - that's fine.

Next, I unmounted my sd card and put it back into the pineapple, ssh'd and ran ./msfconsole and got the following errors:

./msfconsole 
env: can't execute 'ruby': No such file or directory

Now I have to find a way to install ruby -_-  since ruby itself is too large to install internally on the pineapple, I have to install it on my sd card - which I'm completely stuck at this point. Say if I do manage to install ruby on the sd how can I get msf to recognize it and load?

Has anyone else tried something similar before? Is there a better way to do this than what I'm currently doing? Let me know!

22 hours ago, i8igmac said:

tfy some metasploit wifi modules.

.... I'm not asking for modules? *confused*

18 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Running metasploit on the TETRA isn't going to be an enjoyable experience, I would recommend against spending time trying to get it to run

*Nano and okay, I'll abort mission then but the idea is still there!

17 hours ago, m40295 said:

The pineapples don't have the power to run metasploit

Kinda figured that out after a day of trying >.>

Thanks for the feedback!

On 1/9/2019 at 1:19 AM, m40295 said:

It does run on The Bash bunny

Yeah, I know; was able to get it running a year-half ago after purchase 😛

On 1/9/2019 at 8:37 AM, i8igmac said:

I run metasploit from my desktop then ssh to the machine for access. 

I thought about doing that long time ago but requires my laptop to continuously be plugged-in, turned on, connected to wifi, etc. when not at home >.>

Looking for something more "mobile", since the idea of adding it to sd card and running ssh via pineapple. Think I'll just purchase an android and go from there 😕

8 hours ago, _0NiTy said:

Yeah, I know; was able to get it running a year-half ago after purchase 😛

I thought about doing that long time ago but requires my laptop to continuously be plugged-in, turned on, connected to wifi, etc. when not at home >.>

Looking for something more "mobile", since the idea of adding it to sd card and running ssh via pineapple. Think I'll just purchase an android and go from there 😕

I also have it on my router... build your self a thin mini itx linux router...

I have dual wifi chips, both atheros to support most all wifi attacks, 4 gigs ram, ssd drive lubuntu installed and 4 cores.

I run rails websever, ssh, vnc, ftp, squid socks proxy, anything you throw at this machine it will handle it.

Some 

If you have spent enough time with wifi attacks then creating a hotspot and some ip tables to masquerade eth0 <-> wlan0-1

This should be a simple enough task, or run a vm with open wrt.  you could manage to keep the price under 150$

Archived