Can't connect Wifi Pineapple

Jadadog

Hi Hoping someone can help. 

• I have the following ports open 22,2022,443,80
  • can ping my server hak5.ctrl-alt-delete.ca

added device.config to the pineapple,  but it won't connect.  Not sure what I am missing at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 8 months later...
On 1/1/2019 at 5:46 AM, Jadadog said:

Hi Hoping someone can help. 

• I have the following ports open 22,2022,443,80
  • can ping my server hak5.ctrl-alt-delete.ca

added device.config to the pineapple,  but it won't connect.  Not sure what I am missing at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated

how did install the config file I can't and don't know how??

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, UnLo said:

What was your resolution OP? I've moved the correct device.config from C2 to pineapple /etc/ and rebooted the device with internet access and it still does not connect to C2

You want to check that your WAN facing route is working.  Especially if Static IP is not being used.  Make sure any DynDNS, NO-IP, etc route is correct as this seems to be a very common problem.

3 hours ago, Cap_Sig said:

You want to check that your WAN facing route is working.  Especially if Static IP is not being used.  Make sure any DynDNS, NO-IP, etc route is correct as this seems to be a very common problem.

Would connecting to the C2 from the same network my pineapple is trying to connect from be proof enough of a working route? 

10 hours ago, UnLo said:

Would connecting to the C2 from the same network my pineapple is trying to connect from be proof enough of a working route? 

Yes.  If C2 is at location A and you can establish connection from location B then you have a good route.  

The next issue is to check if all the settings are correct in C2 for the config file loaded on the pineapple.  All it would take is one wrong option.  The other thing to check is that the correct ports are open at both locations.  If a firewall at on location is configured strictly it could be the cause of the issue.

If you can ping the server at A from B then the next thing I would check is all your C2 configs.  Possibly do a complete reinstall to make sure you have all the routing info correct.  If this setup wrong at initial setup then all the config files for devices will be wrong as well.

On 1/5/2019 at 5:47 AM, black_jebus said:

I am at the moment having a similar issue, so Can i ask, so we dont end up with a https://xkcd.com/979/

What did you do to fix it??

if you pineapple can connect to internet, it will be ok, check your connexion.

And to connect to the C2, there is an issue with ssl (ACME v1 in the script and not ACME v2) but you can reach it in  http  (8080 port) and maybe with your own self signed certificate

On 11/14/2019 at 8:09 AM, Cap_Sig said:

The next issue is to check if all the settings are correct in C2 for the config file loaded on the pineapple.  All it would take is one wrong option.  The other thing to check is that the correct ports are open at both locations.  If a firewall at on location is configured strictly it could be the cause of the issue.

Where in C2 can I check that the settings are correct for the config file it's generating? Besides 80 and 443 what ports are required for C2?

On 11/15/2019 at 4:11 PM, DCG said:

if you pineapple can connect to internet, it will be ok, check your connexion.

And to connect to the C2, there is an issue with ssl (ACME v1 in the script and not ACME v2) but you can reach it in  http  (8080 port) and maybe with your own self signed certificate

My pineapple can connect to the internet just fine and get updates > with the config.device in my /etc/ folder I'm still not seeing a connection on C2 unfortunately

I confirmed i've got 20,2022,80,and 443 open on my gcp instance

Can also ping from pineapple to my c2.mydomain.net without issue

not sure what, or if i'm doing anything wrong here. from what i've read and seen this should be all that is required. 

• 7 months later...

Where in C2 can I check that the settings are correct for the config file it's generating?

In short; one thing to check is the command line string that Cloud C2 is executed with, either if it is a service or started manually, and make sure the identification of the server (hostname) is correct since this is used when creating device.config files in the C2 web GUI.

The TLDR version of this post is that I set up my Cloud C2 instance on a VPS and was trying it out when started manually. I added devices and everything was working as expected.

I then set up my C2 instance with https and added it as a service and everything still worked as expected. Recently I was messing around with my LAN Turtle and had to remove it from C2. Since I didn't have any device.config file laying around, I created a new one in the C2 interface. After scp'ing the file to the LAN Turtle, it never showed up in Cloud C2. I tried to force the Turtle online using C2CONNECT but it just told me the device was already connected. Well, that made me start to think something fishy was going on. I then opened the device.config file to view its content. Although it's mainly filled with binary garbage, the domain name is visible in plain text and I could immediately notice that the domain name was wrong since it included the example.com domain. After calming down and removing the paranoia hat, I realized that I hadn't been hacked and it was most likely my bad. Heading over to the server running my C2 instance and executing ps ax, it was obvious that my C2 service was running with the wrong domain name/hostname. When changing to the correct domain name in the cloudc2.service file and restarting the service (and of course generating a new device.config file and adding it to my Turtle), the Turtle popped up on the beach again.

So, I was a bit too quick when setting C2 up as a service according to Darren's video (link below), I just made a copy/paste of the service file example that is in the description of the video and didn't pay enough attention to the content (that included the domain example.com)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgmL75ZBfSI

Since everything was working fine for the other previously provisioned devices when running with example.com as hostname, I guess that the only use for the hostname parameter is to generate device.config files correctly.

Archived