CANT USE WIFITE or AIRGEDDON? *not a wifi card*

gam35guru

Man oh man ... am I just being an utter moron here or is this nano device even capable of WPS hacking using wifite or airgeddon?

Im attempting to crack my other network using a pixie dust attack using reaver but everytime I choose my interface (the pineapple nano) which is eth1 it says its not a wifi device so cannot perform wifi hack?   I mean isn't this the reason I bought the darn thing in the first place?   And if it DOESNT do that then why the heck did I buy it over the other 3 wifi dongles I already own that already do the job?

So in short ... without the rant ..... what am I doing wrong please?   This is stressing me out completely ..... Im trying to get the ball rolling so I can start my darn ethical hacking course and I bought a nano thinking it would be pplug n play and plenty of support but since Ive had it Ive received no help or response from emails or the forums.  I was led to believe the Hak5 community was helpful.  Anyone?  Please?   Just a glimmer of hope would be nice ..... Im stuck in an endless cycle of uninstalling Kali and trying to reinstall and then following the setup (which goes well) but once I get back to the guts of it all again and attempting my first WPS attack it just denies me and tells me wifi pineapple Nano is NOT capable of monitor mode cos it isn't a wifi card ...... OF COURSE IT IS ... IT HAS FRICKING AERIALS STICKING OUT OF IT?!?!?!?!?!?

Argh give me strength....... please guys .... enlighten a newbie.   I beg you.

3 hours ago, gam35guru said:

Man oh man ... am I just being an utter moron here or is this nano device even capable of WPS hacking using wifite or airgeddon?

Im attempting to crack my other network using a pixie dust attack using reaver but everytime I choose my interface (the pineapple nano) which is eth1 it says its not a wifi device so cannot perform wifi hack?   I mean isn't this the reason I bought the darn thing in the first place?   And if it DOESNT do that then why the heck did I buy it over the other 3 wifi dongles I already own that already do the job?

So in short ... without the rant ..... what am I doing wrong please?   This is stressing me out completely ..... Im trying to get the ball rolling so I can start my darn ethical hacking course and I bought a nano thinking it would be pplug n play and plenty of support but since Ive had it Ive received no help or response from emails or the forums.  I was led to believe the Hak5 community was helpful.  Anyone?  Please?   Just a glimmer of hope would be nice ..... Im stuck in an endless cycle of uninstalling Kali and trying to reinstall and then following the setup (which goes well) but once I get back to the guts of it all again and attempting my first WPS attack it just denies me and tells me wifi pineapple Nano is NOT capable of monitor mode cos it isn't a wifi card ...... OF COURSE IT IS ... IT HAS FRICKING AERIALS STICKING OUT OF IT?!?!?!?!?!?

Can u elaborate on your set up im not sure yor meaning

https://forums.hak5.org/topic/45048-how-to-enable-monitor-mode-on-vm-kali/

9 hours ago, gam35guru said:

It sounds like you're expecting the nano to enumerate on your computer as a wireless card... that's not what the Pineapple is.

The WiFi Pineapple is its own embedded Linux system with two wireless radios of its own, which is why it has the antennas sticking out of it.

The Ethernet interface you are seeing is actually (USB) Ethernet. That's how you would manage the Pineapple.

Also, there's no need to make multiple posts on the same issue.