Windows Screen Server

JoC

Hey Guys!

I am new here but I’ve been watching the show for a long time now! I love it. I am a Computer Science major at the University of North Florida. Normally I am a do it yourself kind of guy but this problem has been bugging me for about 2 weeks now and I have had no success on Google.

The deal is that the Screen Saver on my PC at work has the time out and password options disabled. They are grayed out! I think it was implemented by the network team possibly as a policy. Is there any way around that? I will like to change my SC time to be at least 15 mins not 5 like they set it. Thanks!!! :shock:

If your in a domain environment at work, then most likely they are using GPO's. You can Push Registry Keys in a GPO. If you have local admin rights you can modify the Registry key. That won't do you any good because everytime the GPO is refreshed it will revert back.

If your screensaver settings are so tight, then most likely you are working with sensitive data. Maybe your screensaver settings are a result of Hippa or Sarbox hardening. If that is the case, ask your admin or make suggestions. Don't risk your job for modifiying a computer that isn't yours or on your network.