The problems that I have

aisaqfe

I did not find the answers to this here, so I need your help. First of all, I can’t do internet bash bunny. I did everything according to the instructions, I was looking for answers on the forum, but nothing comes of it. I also tried to install tools, following the advice of one of the users, and found another problem. My bash bunny does not see the dep packages in the tools folder.

B1LaEeK.png

KCtFNjk.png

sbHuO9b.png

Tell me what else I could send you so that you can better understand how to help me.

32 minutes ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Have not done internet sharing with Windows on the BB but one question.  How does your payload.txt look for the switch position you are running it in?

What did I do! Inserted Bash Bunny in arming mode, made payload.txt (ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET) on switch1. Took out a bash bunny. Switched Bash Bunny to switch1 and plugged in to usb port. Further configured as (probably), as written in the documentation. Took out a bash bunny. Put Bash Bunny in arming mode and plugged in to usb port. I started the serial console and found that I had done something wrong. What am I wrong?

9 hours ago, aisaqfe said:

What did I do! Inserted Bash Bunny in arming mode, made payload.txt (ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET) on switch1. Took out a bash bunny. Switched Bash Bunny to switch1 and plugged in to usb port. Further configured as (probably), as written in the documentation. Took out a bash bunny. Put Bash Bunny in arming mode and plugged in to usb port. I started the serial console and found that I had done something wrong. What am I wrong?

Hmm.  You tested inet sharing in arming?  There is your issue.  Don't switch from switch one.  Instead after the last boot, stick to switch 1.  The BB will have an ip.  Forgot the range, it is in tue docs.  You can ssh to the bunny by its ip now.

When you switched to arming you killed the network connection.

9 hours ago, _0NiTy said:

Interesting ... what firmware version are you running for your BB? 

1.0_167. I did a firmware recovery trying to fix the fact that after adding deb packages to the tools folder nothing happened

8 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Hmm.  You tested inet sharing in armingThere is your issue.  Don't switch from switch one.  Instead after the last boot, stick to switch 1The BB will have an ipForgot the range, it is in tue docs.  You can ssh to the bunny by its ip now.

When you switched to arming you killed the network connection. 

I tried to do this, on the advice of haztheforce (https://forums.hak5.org/topic/41264-windows-internet-connection-again/), but the packages still do not go

root@bunny:/etc/network/interfaces.d# cat usb0
allow-hotplug usb0
auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
         address 172.16.64.1
         netmask 255.255.255.0
         gateway 172.16.64.10 (Changed)
         dns-nameserver 8.8.8.8
         dns-nameserver 8.8.4.4

VpIQuYu.png

So, I have not tried on windows but translating the instructions and my experience with the BB and Linux I see these things.

1 set payload.txt to:

ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET

2. Discover what interface comes up for the BB.  It will be a new one.  I would inspect interfaces before the BB and interfaces after to see what comes up.

3. Right-click the interface that connects your machine to the internet and select properties.

4. Select the sharing tab and set to allow users to use this internet connect and select the BB interface in the list of interfaces.

5. Change the ip on the BB interface to 172.16.64.64 and subnet 255.255.255.0

try and ping the bb at 172.16.64.1.

ssh to it at that ip if pingable.

The script for the BB does kind of the same with setting the IP on the interface that connects the BB and enables forwarding.

1 hour ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

So, I have not tried on windows but translating the instructions and my experience with the BB and Linux I see these things.

1 set payload.txt to:

ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET

2. Discover what interface comes up for the BB.  It will be a new one.  I would inspect interfaces before the BB and interfaces after to see what comes up.

3. Right-click the interface that connects your machine to the internet and select properties.

4. Select the sharing tab and set to allow users to use this internet connect and select the BB interface in the list of interfaces.

5. Change the ip on the BB interface to 172.16.64.64 and subnet 255.255.255.0

try and ping the bb at 172.16.64.1.

ssh to it at that ip if pingable.

The script for the BB does kind of the same with setting the IP on the interface that connects the BB and enables forwarding.

you are the best

But besides this, I still have a problem with updating the firmware, as well as installing tools through the deb packages (probably because of the firmware). That's what i see when i try to update bash bunny.
GQvdl15.png
I really need your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Also worth noting that Windows Internet Sharing with the Bash Bunny seems to be quite temperamental at times. I've had to reboot mine and configure things in a specific way in the past numerous times.

Archived