SSH only works once and adds ' to the config each time

Hex00x1

Hello,

I have my LAN-turtle connected to my VPS in the could using an SSH tunnel and autoSSH. Since recently I need physical access to the turtle to enable autoSSH as for some reason the GUI  appends an apostrophe ( ' ) to the configuration. Which causes the remote tunnel to fail with connect to host localhost port 2225 refused.

This means that I need to physically access the turtle, remove the damn apostrophe and enable SSH. 

I have no idea what's causing this and for obvious reasons its not optimal for me to use this on my ops as I can't just say "Hey I'm going to plug this thing in your network, could you scoot real quick so I can enable this thing that will compromise your company because it doesn't start automatically" 😂

After having factory reset the Turtle it keeps on adding the apostrophe. I'm sure I am not the only one out there having this issue but would highly appreciate a work-around or solution.

Thank you

I have noticed the ' also but it still seems to work for me. I am assuming you have run netstat -lt4 on your vps to make sure the port is live? I am also assuming you are able to see the port go live if you type out the autossh command after you exit the turtle shell. I always seem to need to ssh in before I get it all working. Hope I am not stating the very obvious. Just trying to help since no one replied. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 10:35 PM, Hex00x1 said:

Hello,

I have my LAN-turtle connected to my VPS in the could using an SSH tunnel and autoSSH. Since recently I need physical access to the turtle to enable autoSSH as for some reason the GUI  appends an apostrophe ( ' ) to the configuration. Which causes the remote tunnel to fail with connect to host localhost port 2225 refused.

This means that I need to physically access the turtle, remove the damn apostrophe and enable SSH. 

I have no idea what's causing this and for obvious reasons its not optimal for me to use this on my ops as I can't just say "Hey I'm going to plug this thing in your network, could you scoot real quick so I can enable this thing that will compromise your company because it doesn't start automatically" 😂

After having factory reset the Turtle it keeps on adding the apostrophe. I'm sure I am not the only one out there having this issue but would highly appreciate a work-around or solution.

Thank you

Just backspace over the single tick.  It shows up in the display, but you can configure SSH correctly by just removing the single tick.  It will reappear when you go back, but SSH will still be working.

Archived